Free TSream

38 minutes ago, eddie1261 said:

Chad do you know if there is any specific mix and match or will and Dish dish work with any Dish receiver?

If you are talking Dish Network, there are two different style satellite dishes.  One has LNB’s to lock onto western arc satellites and one has LNB’s to lock onto eastern arc satellites.  They are the same dish with a different LNB set mounted on it.  You can even get both LNB sets and just swap them as needed.  Most people use the western arc LNB set unless they spend a lot of time in the north east.  Any of the Dish Network receivers will work with either dish set up.

if you are talking Direct TV, there is the older style dish and the newer style SWM dish.  I am not as familiar with these because I am not a Direct TV customer, but if you have an SWM Dish, you need a receiver specific to SWM and if you have the older style dish, you need a receiver specific to that style (at least that is my understanding).

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

A western arc Dish dish will work anywhere in the country except the extreme northeast. All it needs is a clear look to the southwest. The limitation east of the Mississippi other than sight line, is that most of the local stations are on an eastern arc satellite in HD, and only in SD on the western arc, or not on it at all. Having both LNB's for both arcs will give you a lot more aiming flexibility though. If you use portable automatic aiming dome style dish, there are models that are capable of receiving both arcs, but the receiver models they'll work with is limited.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

• 4 weeks later...

A year ago I switched to the Opera browser, which includes a free VPN.  It works so well that I now use it in all my devices, but usually only turn VPN on when using public hot spots.  It also seems to run fast, even faster than Chrome or the latest Firefox.  But that is subjective, I don't have the time or the tools to actually test it.

The only drawback is that some secure web sites won't recognize the browser, and for this forum, DirecTV Now isn't supported either.  But all the other streaming services I've found are.

== John

2015 Entegra Aspire 44B diesel pusher with 2017 GMC Acadia Denali toad
Web site, albums, blog and more here

I've had pretty good luck getting some of the "fussy" sites to work with Opera by using the "User-Agent Switcher" extension to fool them into thinking it's Chrome or Firefox. It doesn't work for all of them though.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived