Giant Rear Basement - Weight Issue

masterdrago

Does anyone know what 5th wheel manufacturer came up with the idea of the huge slide tray under the rear? I've looked at a Solitude 375res and a Montana 3791rd that have this monster storage area with a slide tray. I like the idea but am wondering how easy it would make it to seriously overload the carry capacity. As it is now, it looks as if the drivers side will always be the heaviest due to most of the heavy components and cabinetry are on port side. Very little is on the drivers side (couch, table, & dresser). Best thing I can think is to store all tools and stuff in the basement on the passenger side.

1st Time RVer 2018 Montana 3791RD, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW

Part of this trend is from the buying public wanting bigger units, while not wanting to use even a 350/3500 dually to pull with. Lighter pin weights work to keep up with the truck makers escalating claims of tow capacity. As a percentage, pin weights seem to be trending down, with handling issues coming into play.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Archived