Small Truck for TOAD

KelliB

Hello - 

I have a 26 ft Class C MH and I'm interested in finding a small Toyota or Nissan type truck to tow.  Is there a model that I can just simply hook up and put the transmission and transfer case (if 4x4) in neutral ......  trying to avoid all of the disconnects , pumps, etc.    Even an older model would be fine.

Any thoughts or experience with pulling small trucks?

Thank you so much!

K

We towed a Ford Ranger back when we first began to tow and did so for about 3 years. While many/most manual transmission trucks are OK to tow on their wheels, not all of them are so you do need to verify that the make, year, and model that you pick will be OK. The best place to do that, in my opinion, is the REMCO Towing Store as they have an excellent database of what can be towed and what must be modified.  Keep in mind that even then you will need a base-plate and tow-bar. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

X2 on Remco. Check them first, then check the owner's manual for the specific truck you are considering. I was considering a Mini, and Remco said it was towable. The owner's manual said otherwise, so no Mini for me.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Archived