What type of RV do you Full time in?

What TYPE of RV do you Full Time in?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. What TYPE of RV do you Full Time in?

• Air Stream
    • Travel Trailer
    • Tiny House
    • 5th Wheel
    • Class A Diesel Pusher
    • Class A (Gas)
    • Class B
    • Class C
    • Other (please leave a comment)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/14/2018 at 07:00 AM

15 minutes ago, OldMan said:

I don't know, myself. I am also a musician and as a guitarist, I am frequently asked about my sound. I just wiggle my fingers at them, because it's the musician who makes the sounds. I have been argued with about gear, and my reaction is always the same: "Use what your ears tell you to. I don't know much about music gear (which is true)

Hamilton Loomis told me that one of the old bluesmen in Houston used to hide Hamilton's compressor.  "Your tone is in your fingers, Kid."

pethier, interested in toyhaulers for 13-foot car

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, pethier said:

Hamilton Loomis told me that one of the old bluesmen in Houston used to hide Hamilton's compressor.  "Your tone is in your fingers, Kid."

The Houston Kid knew what he was talking about. It ain't the pans, it's the chef.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/1/2018 at 6:17 PM, Kirk Wood said:

I thought that you indicated that you aren't biased and really don't care what others choose to buy?  There is nothing scientific in this poll and it only reaches readers of these forums. You are entitled to your opinions but they aren't facts. Others folks who do not agree with you are equally entitled to their opinions. 

Which part of my quote indicates bias?  Is it when I said "there must be something that drives that" ... which is a benign question to provoke further thought.

2017 KZ Durango Gold 381REF, 8K morRYDE IS, Disc brakes, 17.5" Hi Spec Aluminum Wheels w Goodyear G114 H rated tires

2016 F350 King Ranch DRW, 3.73, 4x4, Super Duty Crew Cab, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel.

26,760 CGVW

On 1/1/2018 at 12:26 AM, Barbaraok said:

But you have one that depreciates at 50% over 10 years and another at 80%.    And there is no way they are comparable, absolutely no way.   Have you gone through any $400-$600K motorhomes?  

I have ... just a couple of weeks ago in San Antonio.  My impression was they all had the same floor plan.  The construction is obviously better than a towable ... but the dollars don't lie.  Percentage of depreciation is a rationalization to allow you to feel OK with double the actual dollars in depreciation.  

2017 KZ Durango Gold 381REF, 8K morRYDE IS, Disc brakes, 17.5" Hi Spec Aluminum Wheels w Goodyear G114 H rated tires

2016 F350 King Ranch DRW, 3.73, 4x4, Super Duty Crew Cab, 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel.

26,760 CGVW

19 hours ago, 297550 said:

Percentage of depreciation is a rationalization to allow you to feel OK with double the actual dollars in depreciation.  

This happens to be your impression, which is then more valid than our experience, having owned and later sold 2 class A motorhomes? We have also owned several towable travel trailers over the years. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 2/1/2018 at 2:01 PM, 297550 said:

Percentage of depreciation is a rationalization to allow you to feel OK with double the actual dollars in depreciation.  

Where you finding those non-depreciating $60-80k tow vehicles for those 5th wheels? Sign me up for one of those. 

On 2/4/2018 at 8:05 PM, jpcoll01 said:

Where you finding those non-depreciating $60-80k tow vehicles for those 5th wheels? Sign me up for one of those. 

That's a point.  I wasn't considering those, but Diesel Trucks (in Texas) depreciate more slowly than the typical towed vehicle.  But your point is well taken.

26,760 CGVW

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2018 at 4:36 PM, bigjim said:

I submit that my choice is best............................For Me ..................and yours for You.

I completely agree with you.

26,760 CGVW

Don't post too much here but thought I might as well jump in.

All RVs have a place and use.  I like driving pickups, so a DP or 5th wheel would have worked.

We live in a 43' 5th wheel because my wife loves the floorplan and I like pickups.  Seems to be perfect for us....but maybe not for others.   We have one neighbor in a Prevost conversion, one in a DP,  one in a gas MH, and several  in towables of one sort or another.  We are all  friends.....and that is what's important.

On 11/3/2017 at 5:13 AM, Bill Joyce said:

I agree.  A friend had a blowout in his car that caused it to start spinning across two lanes of opposing interstate traffic and somehow he did not hit another car.  We have a Sage-T-Plus http://www.safe-t-plus.com/ , in the hopes it will help us keep control in a front tire blowout.

When we get our rig, this is the very first installation. Killer product.

Archived