Tow Vehicle

ctammyh

Very few vehicles rack up miles when being towed.  I tow a 2013 Ford Edge and a 2012 F150 (not at the same time) and neither rack up miles.

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

10 hours ago, ctammyh said:

Hmmm....I was told only jeeps have the transfer case that stops the miles from accruing.  

Sounds like a salesperson lying to get a sale.  Neither the 2002 Honda CRV we used to tow or the 2012 Chevrolet Equinox we tow now records miles while being towed.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Miles accruing on the odometer is not related to having a transfer case. I do not know of any motor-vehicle built in the past 20 years that adds miles to the odometer when the engine is not running. Mechanical odometers went away long ago and the electric ones do not have power without the engine running. I have towed 3 different vehicles, starting with a 1996 Ford Ranger, 2WD, manual transmission, and none of them added any miles while being towed. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

What will you be towing with? Every motorhome has a maximum towing weight and also a maximum combined weight. The weight limits of the tow vehicle are a very important part of the choice of vehicle. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

You can tow just about anything that weighs less than 10,000 lbs and is towable 4 down. The Bus tow rating is 10K.

Frank
Kay - Co-pilot

Roscoe and Maggie - Rescue Beagles

"I asked God to send us a True Friend. He sent us a Beagle!"
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Archived