National Rally

SuiteSuccess

Don't see a thread going about the rally. As usual Steve and Gail have done a great job. Met many new folks and have seen some new rigs. Finally got to jam with Bob, Henry, Dan and Tom and we even had our female choral group who sang some tunes. You would be surprised who can rock a tune (Dale Bruss).  As usual didn't win at Bingo, but the story of my life. Gotta go for now. At least I'll make the photo. Maybe others will chime in so those who missed the rally can live vicariously through some posts. 😊

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom, walk down the street about 4 sites and ask to see it in person. Much better than pictures LOL

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Well I can't walk down to see it. We were only able to stay for a few hours yesterday. Just curious since such a big deal was made about this super trailer and he had this big Hollywood reveal only at the rally. I want to see this kitchen that apparently the ladies have been swooning over.

Chris, Tracey, Aria & Lola

2018 Volvo VNR 400, D13 I-Shift

2018 NH 48' Majestic

I will see if I can get a picture of the kitchen and sink. Steve and Gail put a lot of time, money, and thought into their design and I don't blame them for waiting for the reveal. We are very good friends but we didn't even have access til Hutch. Kinda like showing your first born child. You want your family around for the first time. 

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Well, in your earlier post on 9/6/2017 you said:

Hopefully, me saying something will at least make people aware that not everyone has that huge confidence and big outgoing personality to just walk up to random people and start yapping. Maybe my confidence was a bit low after my first few interactions with people after arriving....IDK but what ever. 

People replied to that post (a month ago) and gave you a lot of friendly advice about how to handle the situation. 

I saw that fancy new rig by walking across the road and saying "Hi, can I see it"? And I got the tour. Several people have come up to me, some that I couldn't call by name without reading their name tag, and asked to see my new trailer. And they got the tour. 
You on the other hand, show up at the rally that you said you couldn't come to and did what? Did you bother to seek out the people coordinating the rally and say "Hey how are y'all? I thought I would stop in for an hour or two. By the way, can I see that fancy new trailer"? You didn't introduce yourself to me. I was around. Of course since you had no name tag NO WOULD KNOW WHO YOU WERE, unless you pulled up your big boy pants and INTRODUCED YOURSELF!!!!
If YOU  failed to take the initiative to see their new trailer while you were at the rally, why are you griping about it on here.  Steve and Gail will post some pictures when they get around to it, as their schedule permits, when and IF it suits them. I sent pictures of my new rig to people that I knew wanted them and could not see it in person.  You had the chance to see it up close and personal and you blew it. Whose fault is that? 

Somebody hand me another Dr. Pepper!!!

2014 smart Fortwo

3 hours ago, Big5er said:
Well, in your earlier post on 9/6/2017 you said:
People replied to that post (a month ago) and gave you a lot of friendly advice about how to handle the situation. 

I saw that fancy new rig by walking across the road and saying "Hi, can I see it"? And I got the tour. Several people have come up to me, some that I couldn't call by name without reading their name tag, and asked to see my new trailer. And they got the tour. 
You on the other hand, show up at the rally that you said you couldn't come to and did what? Did you bother to seek out the people coordinating the rally and say "Hey how are y'all? I thought I would stop in for an hour or two. By the way, can I see that fancy new trailer"? You didn't introduce yourself to me. I was around. Of course since you had no name tag NO WOULD KNOW WHO YOU WERE, unless you pulled up your big boy pants and INTRODUCED YOURSELF!!!!
If YOU  failed to take the initiative to see their new trailer while you were at the rally, why are you griping about it on here.  Steve and Gail will post some pictures when they get around to it, as their schedule permits, when and IF it suits them. I sent pictures of my new rig to people that I knew wanted them and could not see it in person.  You had the chance to see it up close and personal and you blew it. Whose fault is that? 

I have been figuring out how to respond to your shitty post all morning and have changed my mind several times but you know what Phil I just don't care what you think and while I was going to try to meet you while I was there I am now glad that I did not. Obviously you don't read very well because nothing I said yesterday had anything to do with what you said above. 

Also while seeing Steve's rig was intriguing I will be fine if I never do. I have my own new trailer on the way back from paint and I will promise you it is much much nicer. 

Steve was in typical form though on Wed when we walked passed him while looking at the rig's and instead of smiling and/or saying hello like a normal human being he looks the other way so he does not have to say hello while also sporting this pissy scowl on his face. Same as last year. I do not need to be around people like him and I will never give him money.  

I think I will lay low on here for a while and stay away from people like you and him and the other cool kids. I can find other rally's to go to where there will not be a group of dominant jerks that think they are superior to the rest of the world. 

Thank you to any of the nice people reading this that we did get a chance to talk to as it is good to know that everyone is not like Steve and Phil.

2018 NH 48' Majestic

At this time I am compelled to speak up and say that last year, our first rally, and first meeting with any of this group, we walked it the front door and were warmly greeted by Steve and Gail, and perhaps 50% of the group present.  This warm greeting consisted of mostly handshakes and smiles and waves.  

Every presentation we sat next to strangers or strangers sat next to us, and chatted with us in a very welcoming manner.  As you can tell from my avatar, it wasn't physical.  🙄   And we have no cash sticking out of our pockets either.   (Although that was the original plan)

Mark Bruss dropped by at least twice and explained what was being presented, and I will always consider him a great guy and hopefully even a friend for that effort.  But maybe I'm just easy.   😉😉

Thank you Steve and Gail for making my first rally a great experience.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

35 minutes ago, Sculptor said:

Thank you Steve and Diane for making my first rally a great experience.

I'm guessing you mean Gail?

Phil, MY take on the viewing at my leisure is that I am inviting myself into someone else's home. To me it is the same thing as going to someone's house that is west of Main Street and asking t come in to see their kitchen. I am not going to do that. However, IF I am talking to Steve or Gail and the subject is brought up and an invitation is offered, that changes things. Maybe you are comfortable inviting yourself into someone's home, but I am not. I guess I was taught a different kind of respect.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

Tom,  in my opinion, there are only so many manufacturers and options that make rigs worth owning and they are all represented here. When someone announces their new build, posts several times about how and what they are doing and then brings it to this rally, they are wanting to show it off. I have had several people here ASK to see my rig. They mean no disrespect and I do not take offense. That is what this rally is all about. How many rigs were in the open house the other day? I can not think of anyone here that wouldn't be willing to show off house or truck. You, and anyone else here are more than welcome in my house. It may be a mess and my kids will jump on you to say hi, but I will apologize for the mess, lock them in the bedroom and get you a bottle of water. But if you have the desire to see my house and missed it because you were waiting for an engraved invitation, then shame on you.

But a certain individual has come here complaining because the people who attended his first rally weren't "friendly" enough for him and now to complain because the rally host couple hasn't posted pictures of their new build quickly enough when that person had the opportunity to see it, in person. Did that poster even bother to walk up to the rally host/hostess and say "Hi"? I know you have you seen how busy Steve and Gail are. Do you think they have had time to post pictures? 

"Waa...you people aren't very friendly. I was there and no one approached me to say hi."
That is a two way street, you know? Which one of us approached the other first? I don't remember and I don't care. It is not important. We met, we talked, our dogs sniffed each other, we wave and say "hi" each morning. 

Do you think I was the only one put off by the posts in this thread? No, I'm just the one that isn't a social butterfly. I'm the one that isn't politically correct and I couldn't care less about stepping on toes. If you want to complain about someone then, in my opinion, you should have done better. They didn't rush up and introduce themselves. They haven't posted pictures. Did you go introduce yourself? Have you posted pictures while working 12 hours days, everyday for free to get make a rally function? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJe754cLbok

2014 smart Fortwo

1 hour ago, Big5er said:

Tom,  in my opinion, there are only so many manufacturers and options that make rigs worth owning and they are all represented here. When someone announces their new build, posts several times about how and what they are doing and then brings it to this rally, they are wanting to show it off. I have had several people here ASK to see my rig. They mean no disrespect and I do not take offense. That is what this rally is all about. How many rigs were in the open house the other day? I can not think of anyone here that wouldn't be willing to show off house or truck. You, and anyone else here are more than welcome in my house. It may be a mess and my kids will jump on you to say hi, but I will apologize for the mess, lock them in the bedroom and get you a bottle of water. But if you have the desire to see my house and missed it because you were waiting for an engraved invitation, then shame on you.

But a certain individual has come here complaining because the people who attended his first rally weren't "friendly" enough for him and now to complain because the rally host couple hasn't posted pictures of their new build quickly enough when that person had the opportunity to see it, in person. Did that poster even bother to walk up to the rally host/hostess and say "Hi"? I know you have you seen how busy Steve and Gail are. Do you think they have had time to post pictures? 

"Waa...you people aren't very friendly. I was there and no one approached me to say hi."
That is a two way street, you know? Which one of us approached the other first? I don't remember and I don't care. It is not important. We met, we talked, our dogs sniffed each other, we wave and say "hi" each morning. 

Do you think I was the only one put off by the posts in this thread? No, I'm just the one that isn't a social butterfly. I'm the one that isn't politically correct and I couldn't care less about stepping on toes. If you want to complain about someone then, in my opinion, you should have done better. They didn't rush up and introduce themselves. They haven't posted pictures. Did you go introduce yourself? Have you posted pictures while working 12 hours days, everyday for free to get make a rally function? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJe754cLbok

A certain individual? Is that Cop talk? Who are you to judge me Phil? You are looking for a fight. Judgmental bullies like you who twist things around and exaggerate to attack people are what is wrong with the internet as well as society in general. You have bullied more people on this forum than I have ever seen anyone do ever and you are a freaking Cop! WTF? It's Phil's way or the highway! Do you treat the people you pull over/arrest in the same manor that you treat people on line?

On edit, I am sitting here watching Live TV and thinking that the Police are always talking about "deescalating" situations as being a big part of their jobs. You on the other hand start and then escalate fights with everyone including me now. What is wrong with you? Anger issues would be my guess along with a big head from being a Cop.

You and the rest of the cool kids are not worth wasting my time going up to. 

2018 NH 48' Majestic

Phil

That is some real damn fine music

Since you let the cat out, I would like to see your new trailer with any pics you care to share.

And to all the whiners, I believe it is  Steve and Gail`s prerogative  to share their new unit

when and how they choose.

Having not seen the Dixon`s new unit I know it will be outstanding as after meeting them

I can attest to them also being outstanding people

I didn't want to play but I guess I will. Thank you for another great rally Steve and Gail. I know it is a great deal of work and getting more so every year. We had a great time. I also know that no matter what you do not everybody will be happy and someone will complain. To bad so sad. If you don't feel comfortable go somewhere else. I served 10 years in the Navy and my brother served 22 to give you the right to go somewhere else.

I toured a lot of rigs and even Big5ers new toy. I played with the kids. I have even given tours. Knock on the door but be prepared for any mess or dogs. 99% of the time you will be welcome by people. 

I think 92 reservations and only a couple whiners is a pretty good ratio.

Brad   

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Funny thing is that everyone is making me out to be a whiner but if you read my first two posts I did no whining of any kind. I was simply asking anyone who had pictures to post them. Phil took something I said a few months ago and twisted it around with what I said the other day to make completely false mis-statements on my behalf. Even then after Phil's nasty attack on me I really held back but I now see this as I am on the loosing end of a gang up on someone group mentality deal. 

Someone please read my first two posts before Phil's attack and tell me what about them was "whining" and would cause Phil to attack me in such a way. I would love to learn from this experience.

2018 NH 48' Majestic

On 10/12/2017 at 8:06 PM, 13speed said:

Well I can't walk down to see it. We were only able to stay for a few hours yesterday. Just curious since such a big deal was made about this super trailer and he had this big Hollywood reveal only at the rally. I want to see this kitchen that apparently the ladies have been swooning over.

Okay 13speedo, since you asked. While you aren’t whining in your post, you ARE being patronizing, sarcastic and demeaning. If you’re blind to what the rest of us see, then you know what they say “it’s probably you that is the problem.”

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

13 hours ago, cactus said:

Phil

That is some real damn fine music

Since you let the cat out, I would like to see your new trailer with any pics you care to share.

And to all the whiners, I believe it is  Steve and Gail`s prerogative  to share their new unit

when and how they choose.

Having not seen the Dixon`s new unit I know it will be outstanding as after meeting them

I can attest to them also being outstanding people

Cactus, I'm glad you liked the music. 

I haven't even gotten the new trailer home yet. Once I get there I will throw some pictures up on my web page and let you know. Thanks for asking.  Vacation will be over next week and then I go back to the job where the boss says I have to be nice to people. Until then, I gotta call 'em like I see 'em. 

2014 smart Fortwo

1 hour ago, Off2YNP said:

Okay 13speedo, since you asked. While you aren’t whining in your post, you ARE being patronizing, sarcastic and demeaning. If you’re blind to what the rest of us see, then you know what they say “it’s probably you that is the problem.”

Wow all of that in those short little posts? I get it a little but wow! I still don't get Phil's rant. It had nothing to do with what I actually said...nothing. If he would have said what you said then I would have said ok fine but he pulls something totally different out of his butt and attacks me. Oh well...

2018 NH 48' Majestic

22 minutes ago, 13speed said:

Wow all of that in those short little posts? I get it a little but wow! I still don't get Phil's rant. It had nothing to do with what I actually said...nothing. If he would have said what you said then I would have said ok fine but he pulls something totally different out of his butt and attacks me. Oh well...

I’m not sure why Phil referred to an earlier post, but I can understand why you got a beef with him. 

But what I don’t understand is your continued beef with Steve. Each post I’ve read of yours regarding Steve is filled with passive aggressive attacks against him even AFTER he apologized to you. The original poster thanked the Dixon’s for their hard work on this years rally and then you changed the topic. Couldn’t you have just thanked them as the original post intended? OR say nothing at all? I just don’t get it. 

So 13speed, I’m curious, is it even possible for you to accept Steve’s initial apology and move forward?

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

Archived