CA Fires in Subdivision NOT in brush covered hills

Al F

I have always thought about the CA fires as burning homes built in the brush covered hills, probably where they shouldn't have built in the first place. However this time some of the fires are in a neighborhood on flat land, away from brush covered hills.

Take a look at the photo attached, then find the swimming pool in the lower central part of the photo. That pool is at GPS: 38.481756 -122.744164. Copy the GPS and paste it into your smart phone map, Google Maps on your computer, or Google Earth application, select the satellite view and take a look at the subdivision from the sky before the fire. Then zoom out and look at the area. This is a subdivision just like many of us live(d) in. 

I guess the fire got started somewhere and jumped from house to house.

The photo was copied from today AP News feed.

CA fire Picture 2.jpg

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

On 10/12/2017 at 1:21 PM, Mntom said:

I can't even imagine what that would feel like for the home owners.

Especially in a subdivision on level ground in an area one wouldn't expect blocks on blocks of houses to burn down.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

I can tell you from first hand experience it is worse than anything you can imagine.  The pictures can't even begin to depict what it is like.  I have been here on the ground since Monday working the incident.  While it has devastated the north end of our city (over 2800 homes completely destroyed in Santa Rosa), we are not the only area affected.  There are thousands of firefighters and police officers and others pouring into the area to try to deal with the situation.  It is slowly getting better, but we are not out of the woods yet.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Archived