Anyone using a Verizon Jetpack MiFi 7730L?

Jim & Alice

Sorry Jim, I stopped full-timing in 2003. Haven't set up mobile Internet yet beyond three GBs on our phones. Have you talked to Jack Mayer about that?

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

We have a 7730L and it works well.   We needed to upgrade from a 5510L for it to work in Canada.  The Jetpack battery lasts much longer than older models.   The 7730L puts out both a 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ signal. 

The 5GHZ caused me a small problem.  I found that my Pepwave Surf SOHO router sometimes picked up the 5GHZ signal (these have channel numbers in the 100s, while 2.4GHZ only use channels 1 through 11) and repeated them, so some of my older equipment could not see the routers wifi.  Plus 5GHZ signals do not reach as far.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Like Bill Joyce, I upgraded from the 5510L to the 7730L and it was a good upgrade.  I used it a few months and switched to a different connection for internet use.  Replaced it with two iPads with WIFI and Cellular.  Use the hot spot function.  Expensive switch but it's a long story.  7730L is really nice.

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

Thanks for the help, guys.   I bought a 7730L yesterday evening, while we are visiting family briefly in Texarkana, (Atlanta) Texas.   When we get to our destination in Pennsylvania (driving toad), I will get it set up.   From all I can see, looks to be a smart purchase.

Thanks again

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

• 4 weeks later...

Just to provide closure on this question, I have set up the Jetpack® MiFi® 7730L and it works great.   Simple to set up, supports WPS, and even seems faster in data transmission, albeit, I have no metrics to support this opinion.

Again, thanks for he previously offered advice.

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Archived