Question on thread closing

Fred47933

I don't know how this works....does a thread just close after a certain time or does someone make a decision to close the thread? The reason I ask is that I wish threads were never closed. Here's why... If someone comes along to answer a question....or if a product comes along to offer a sollution we don't see it. This forum helps not only the original poster....it also helps people like me who are scouring the web looking for ideas. I'm planning on fulltiming in 2 years when I retire and I am studying like a crazed monkey for antenna/shack ideas. Just my 2 cents...

Most threads are never closed and can be added to whenever. When I'm doing research I will often bring up threads from years back that can still be added to. The threads that get closed are usually for a reason...and that's usually because they degenerate into political diatribes or personal insults. Neither belong in this forum.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

This forum seems to delete topics at a certain age.  Looking a two areas, Beginning RV and General discussion, the oldest are December 2014. It looks like everything from 2013 and older is gone.

Some forums keep topics for much longer, or never delete topics.   It does take some amount of money to keep expanding the amount of storage as the number of topics increases.  I doubt that is overly expensive, but it doesn't seem to me that spending money on this forum is a high priority to Escapees. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Archived