List of states that will accept mail service address for drivers license?

Gannet

Does anyone have a list of states that will accept a mail service address as a residence address for a drivers license?

I am of course aware of the Big 3: Florida, South Dakota, and Texas. I also know about Oregon's "Continuous Traveler" classification.

I also realize that the Big 3 are favored due to their lack of state income tax. But let's put that aside for the moment. What other states are possible for those who need to use a mail service as their only address, tax and other issues aside?

1994 Blue Bird Wanderlodge WB40

Full-timers since 2016, domiciled in Crestview, Florida

Sorry folks, I just realized I posted essentially the same question in another subforum a few weeks ago.  Hey, when I'm on the road I lose track. :)

9 hours ago, Gannet said:

Sorry folks, I just realized I posted essentially the same question in another subforum a few weeks ago.

That's OK as some of us are getting older and forget also! Now that you remind me, I think that I suggested checking with Nevada and Tennessee, but don't remember for sure! :)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Not exactly on point with your question but kind of related.  When we changed our address to Box Elder, SD they gave us a map to the Motor Vehicle Dept. on the other side of Rapid City and told us it would only take about 30 min. to get our license.  Being from California, we just looked at each other (you better bring a lunch in Calif. even if you have an appt.).  

We were out of there with our new driver's license (the actual license, not some temporary piece of paper) in 20 min!  We were very surprised at how easy and how fast it was.

2017 Grand Design Momentum 376TH pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, dually, longbed

2 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

That's OK as some of us are getting older and forget also! Now that you remind me, I think that I suggested checking with Nevada and Tennessee, but don't remember for sure! :)

Yes, you did. Thank you Sir. :)

I looked into it a little, based on your comments. Tennessee is a real nice place, among my favorite East of the Mississippi, but too humid for me. I want something out West. Nevada looks decent, but the sales and vehicle taxes are quite high. Still, it remains a possible for post-65, along with South Dakota.

Archived