Best Leveling Jacks to Buy

MadJack06

I can only speak for what I've seen and heard about the electric screw type : even after a couple different tightening attempts the neighbors could still feel the dog run across the floor . Only a small/medium size dog of no more than 25 - 30 pounds . They got use to it while they had that trailer , but , when they bought a new trailer they made sure that it had a different type jack set up . In their words " much better" . The new jacks were a manual screw type . He had a friend tighten them as he was 'older' and weak from a life of labor . His friend used a portable drill that seemed fairly heavy duty . 

Goes around , comes around .

I have been thinking of do it for years, until I see the price,  I hear that hydraulic are better and will last longer than Electric, but that is not from experience .  My Dear Bride says I can still put the levelers under the wheels.  So I do.  I did get the nice drive on kind that make it easier.

BTW,  welcome to the Forum.  

2005 Jayco Greyhawk 30 ft
2007 Honda CR-V Toad
Pauline and I

Blog: www.RVtravelsofPauline.blogspot.com

Another welcome to the Escapee forums!

As one who has had motorhomes both with and without leveling systems, I would never buy another that didn't have them. I much prefer the hydraulic, but might let price override that preference as there are some good electric ones as I believe that they will cost less in an add-on situation. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Both our current and previous Class A's are equipped with  Quadra Manufacturing's "Bigfoot" hydraulic jack leveling system. The previous coach had manual controls, and the current coach has their fully automatic system. Both have worked well and quite reliably. I prefer the positive retraction dual acting cylinders over the spring return jacks like the HWH systems. Quadra also has an excellent customer service department. If you can get to their White Pigeon, MI facility, they offer very reasonable pricing on installations.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

21 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

Both our current and previous Class A's are equipped with  Quadra Manufacturing's "Bigfoot" hydraulic jack leveling system. The previous coach had manual controls, and the current coach has their fully automatic system. Both have worked well and quite reliably. I prefer the positive retraction dual acting cylinders over the spring return jacks like the HWH systems. Quadra also has an excellent customer service department. If you can get to their White Pigeon, MI facility, they offer very reasonable pricing on installations.

X 2! Love the BigFoot! And great after sale service.

Dennis & Nancy
Tucson, AZ in winter, on the road in summer.

1999 Volvo 610 "Bud" 425 HP Volvo, Super 10 spd.
2005 Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
2013 smart fortwo CityFlame riding on Bud
(Replaced '05 smart first loaded in '06

and '11 smart that gave it's life to save me!)
Our Travel Blog

Well, it is 2,272 miles to White Pigeon, MI  so I better start soon to beat the snow and winter driving.  Maybe I should make a reservation first.  Then to Mesa for the winter..  :D

2005 Jayco Greyhawk 30 ft
2007 Honda CR-V Toad
Pauline and I

Blog: www.RVtravelsofPauline.blogspot.com

Archived