Getting the band together at the National HDT Rally?

Bob86ZZ4

I'm 99% sure I'll make it to the Rally this year. One of my favorite things to do is jam with Henry (Phoenix2013) and Jeff. Are you guys both going to be there this year? Bringing your axe's? Anybody else bringing an axe to jam with? I have a very nice set of Roland V Drums that anybody is welcome to use. Especially the Springfield kids. In the past we jammed for a bit each night in the common hall. Steve, is that still a possibility? If not I can bring my large enclosed car trailer to use as a stage, place to leave the equipment set up during the day. I was just planning to bring my smaller enclosed trailer to carry my gear if we can use the big room. Should I bring the popcorn machine again? 

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

Interested in any old rock and folk?  I'm bringing my electric/acoustic and amp. Also know Tom Whitten does some mean fingerpicking.  Oh, BTW know for a fact we've got some singers in the group right RocksBride😊

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I think I saw somewhere that Henry is coming to deliver a hitch or two? Looking for confirmation from him here. I tried to send him a private message but he doesn't accept them. 

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

I will be doing an evening keyboard concert under off the back of my camper on one night, whichever one is best in terms of weather like i did last year. If you like Lawrence Welk, you will love the stuff I play.  I can loan my keyboard to Henry or anyone else who would like to use it. 

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

Bob, it will be great if you can make it out again! We certainly enjoy the entertainment. I would love to join in, but the only musical instrument I can play is a stereo.:lol:

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

Jeff, you're a very good keyboard player. We need to practice together more. 

SuiteSuccess, yes! I like to play any kind of music. Henry is an amazing jazz improv guy. Jeff knows all the hits. I can kind of stay on the beat.

We're all set then. 

rocksbride, can you get back to Davena and tell her to tell Henry to bring his fake book (he'll know what it is). I'm guessing if he's just driving a car he might not have room for his keyboard. It's great that Jeff is willing to share his. 

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

Just wondering.....................  It seems our generation has a lot of folks who know how to play an instrument. ( I used to play a pretty good trumpet).  But do kids now days even bother?  I have two grand kids who play piano and trumpet (my old one), but I doubt they're normal.

I wish we could come and listen.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I'll be bringing my bass, though not sure how much I'll be able to shed with the shoulder in a sling.  Rock on!

Dan & Bree

2010 Freightliner Cascadia 125, DD15, 455hp, UltraShift (Yetti, For Sale)

2015 Grand Design Reflection 308BHTS Travel Trailer (For Sale)

Well if you ”ol’ geezers” can play songs a little more current - like the EIGHTIES! - then I’ll belt out a tune or two. 

//Snickering while running away and hiding//😜

I am RickW’s amazing wife from Wylie, TX. In 2009, we made our first trek to the HDT Rally in KS in an LGT. The next year we arrived in a 2004 Volvo 780 (465hp and 10sp Auto Shift). In 2017, we transitioned into an Entegra Anthem to suit our lifestyle. We have a home and travel as often as we can, mainly to Yellowstone and other National Parks with our cats and dog, Bailey Mae. 

On September 27, 2017 at 9:13 PM, rickeieio said:

Just wondering.....................  It seems our generation has a lot of folks who know how to play an instrument. ( I used to play a pretty good trumpet).  But do kids now days even bother?  I have two grand kids who play piano and trumpet (my old one), but I doubt they're normal.

With 10 minutes practice I can crank out some pretty good air guitar, but my old tin kazoo will take longer.  I grew up in a house that owned a piano so that should qualify me for something shouldn't it?  

I wish we could make the rally this year.  While you all are around that campfire you enjoy each other's company.  You will be happy to know the stores won't run out of earplugs this year but if we attend next year that could change.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

Archived