New tires for 16" rim MH?

cyrio

Hey everyone im new here! i apologize if this is in the wrong area mod :/ recently bought a new to me 1994 Coachmen Santara 35' gasser. first rv for me so going through the growing pains of owning a rv but i didint realize the agony of trying to find load range f or g tires for this thing.

Any ideas on what tires i should get? I was looking at the Sailun S637T or the Westlake CR960A All Position tires both are g rated.

11 hours ago, cyrio said:

a new to me 1994 Coachmen

Since you have 16" wheels on that rig. There are many good choices out there but I prefer one of the tires that is compounded for motorhome use since they usually sit far more than they travel. My own experience has been with Goodyear, G670 tires but they are far from the only choices so shop around and listen to the advice from others on these forums. Keep in mind that whatever tire you choose, the age of the tire is more reason to replace than is the mileage for most of us. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 weeks later...

I used Sailun S637, 235/80R16, LR G tires on my 5er after becoming disgusted with the OEM ST tires. After the switch I never had another tire problem, including our Alaska trip.

I now run Sailun S637, 22.5" tires on our MH as a result of our experience with Sailun's on the 5er.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

1 hour ago, Ray,IN said:

I used Sailun S637, 235/80R16, LR G tires on my 5er after becoming disgusted with the OEM ST tires. After the switch I never had another tire problem, including our Alaska trip.

I now run Sailun S637, 22.5" tires on our MH as a result of our experience with Sailun's on the 5er.

Thanks Ray! been debating what i should do, the local tire shop only shows them as being trailer tires but they dont say trailer only on them, i have read other posts of people putting them on there MH with great results.

Archived