Furnace fuse

Wrknrvr

Last winter I replaced a igniter board on a suburban furnace. Furnace worked good for a few months. Then customer calls and said the furnace will not do anything.

The air conditioning does work. Thermostat is controlled by furnace 12vdc. Customer pulled furnace 12vdc fuse and air conditioning will not work. Customer installed the same fuse, and the air conditioning works, but the furnace will not do anything.

So yesterday morning I made a service call as it is cool in Montana now. The furnace needs removed from inside to access anything. Get my tools inside, remove access cover and get ready to remove the gas line.

But now let's try something different.

I went and got a different 15 amp fuse. Installed it in the proper location for the furnace. Furnace now operates.

Old fuse looks good , test good.    But just something to think about.

Stay Safe,.   Vern

I've experienced this too. Strange but the only thing I can think is that the fuse will carry alow test voltage but somehow is open to a slightly higher voltage.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Archived