"Mark forum read" confirmation

kudzu

2 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

I would think you should know which forum you read . 

Well yeah, even with my Old Timer's Disease, I know which forums I have read, but it is nice, when I come back that forum, to instantly see which topics have new posts. Am I overlooking the obvious?

Me, a stranger? Nah, just a friend you haven't met.

Maybe you could use the 'unread content' page . 

Top left of this page under Activity , click Unread Content . After the page change , bookmark or add the page to your favorites .

That page address should look like :

http://www.rvnetwork.com/discover/unread/

Then every time you click that address , everything you haven't read will be listed , latest first . 

Goes around , comes around .

I like having to acknowledge that I want to mark everything read, because sometimes resting finger on iPad causes action that I don't want to happen.  Also set up customized stream for what you want to read 

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

7 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

I like having to acknowledge that I want to mark everything read, because sometimes resting finger on iPad causes action that I don't want to happen.  Also set up customized stream for what you want to read 

Maybe you could use this site : http://www.webmd.com/osteoarthritis/ss/slideshow-hand-finger-exercises :D

Goes around , comes around .

• 3 weeks later...

Helpful people have suggested work-arounds, but no one has answered my question: "Is there a way to turn off that #@&% feature?" When I looked, I did not find a way to turn it off, but I am surprised such a thing is the default and unavoidable.

On 10/5/2017 at 8:23 PM, Mntom said:

What I do is click the bubble next to the forum on the main forum page. It will mark it as read with no confirmation, well, at least it does for me.........

That does work. Thanks! Too easy! I first tried it on an iPad and it did not work; it required confirmation. When I tried it on a Windows laptop, just now, it worked like a charm.

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, acker1 said:

Only thing I see there is the copyright symbol.

When you are looking at the main page you will see the names of the forums, i.e. "About The Discussion Forums", "Bugs And Feature Requests", "Test Posts", etc. To the left of the names there is a circle with what looks like two 'thought bubbles' in it. That is the 'bubble' I mean.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

• 7 months later...
On 10/5/2017 at 6:23 PM, Mntom said:

What I do is click the bubble next to the forum on the main forum page. It will mark it as read with no confirmation, well, at least it does for me.........

I thought I would resurrect this and see if it is just me. Sometime over the weekend it seems that  a change made now requires that you click on a confirm dialog even when clicking the bubble. Is this just me or are others seeing this as well? And if others are seeing this, can someone please answer why this very handy feature was made not so handy anymore?

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Archived