Jalopnik article about HDT replacing a pickup

jeffw

Ya saw this story before.....

Grumps fired me as a truck driver in my teens (he was right)  and he would not let the guy that wrote this bit of trash empty the ash tray in the truck........

Still true to day what Grumps said............."Only two types of people are in the cab of a truck.......some have the truck drive them.....the rest drive the truck".

Drive on.........(Some folks should stay with a pickup.......or smaller)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

I too read that article when it first came out.  That article "Converted" many of the weekend racers into believing they were not under the commercial guidelines.  Big 5'er- Phil has reconverted many back to the pick-up life!

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Even with his closing comments about wanting his F-350 instead and how our rigs were a novelty, I would still say that compared to my Full size, 4 door Toyota Tundra, there is no comparison between the comfort of my Volvo and the space to stretch out, go to sleep and just relax. I love my Volvo and would not trade it for a pick up truck - as a teacher it is just the fun factor when I drive it to school from time to time.

Well got to go teach some kids.

Later,

Vegas Teacher. 

Having started towing a 31 5er with a 3500 dully diesel (3 yrs) and moving up to a 37 5er with a 550 Ford and then moving to a 43 5ere and our Volvo I would never go back to a little truck. I enjoy towing with the Volvo and I know we are much safer. So he can have any PU he wants but the best part is I have the Pink Slip!    

VT   We will be heading your way in late Oct so hope to meet you for a cool one.     Pat

The Old Sailor 

Archived