Senior Paas and the Great Outdoors

Pieere

Now ..... to make your situation complete ..... if only you (and I) could once a year, or better still once for life, buy a NATIONAL FISHING LICENSE. [emoticon]

What a joy that would be as myself and my DW (who is a fisherwoman) could drop a line anywhere allowed in the U.S. as we wonder about in our small Class C. We usually have fishing gear along anyway, just in case we want to go through the hassle of finding out where to get, and then go through the inconvenience to get - a local fishing license. [emoticon]

12 hours ago, pnichols said:

just in case we want to go through the hassle of finding out where to get, and then go through the inconvenience to get - a local fishing license

Since you have internet access, getting a license isn't that hard. Most states sell them online. Here is a link to the state agencies. I generally buy licenses in three or four states a year for anything from a few days to a full season and haven't bought a license in person at a store or agency office in so many years I can not remember when the last time was. 

Edited by trailertraveler

7 minutes ago, trailertraveler said:

Since you have internet access, getting a license isn't that hard. Most states sell them online. Here is a link to the state agencies. I generally by licenses in three or four states a year for anything from a few days to a full season and haven't bought a license in person at a store or agency office in so many years I can not remember when the last time was. 

It does add another "obstacle" to overcome when you are making the decision of whether to wet a line or not.  In many states a couple day license is fairly expensive when you add trout stamp, etc.  A national fishing license would be amazing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/13/2017 at 9:21 AM, Pieere said:

:D Received my Senior Pass yesterday, have my State fishing license. have my 4 person tent, a canopy and supplies! Just need to find a willing female to share my tent! LOL!

Just curious.  Why does a tent-camper post on an RV forum?

pethier, interested in toyhaulers for 13-foot car

21 hours ago, pethier said:

Just curious.  Why does a tent-camper post on an RV forum?

I agree, why not?  We all camp in the same places.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

1 hour ago, Pieere said:

And originally that is what Boy and Girl Scouts did as well as most families from the !960's and 70's started camping in and moved up! 

Lots of people still do that, or so it seems. Do you not own an RV yet?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

9 minutes ago, Pieere said:

Is there something wrong with camping out in a Tent?? 

Depends on how bad it leaks, how cold it gets and wether you pitched it on high ground. I have seen tent campers pick up their stuff in the middle of the night and go home.

Has anyone posted a picture of that boat and motor ? A person might be able to pitch a tent on the deck.

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

3 hours ago, Pieere said:

Only for those of us who can no longer get up from the ground. :)

Our extended family used to do annual family camping rendezvous. When we bought our first tent trailer they thought we wouldn't want to go with them any more. But we didn't sell our tent when we bought the trailer.

I think too many people on this forum spend too much time in private campgrounds where tents aren't allowed. Even the BLM lands by Quartzsite allow a tent if you put it up not too far from a porta-pot.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

9 hours ago, Pieere said:

For me, yes. I have done my last of that but I'm glad that I did so. I'm pretty sure that I didn't say anything is wrong with tenting. I carried a tent in our RV for many years, although I don't do it now. I gave away my tent about 5 years ago. I have done a lot of tenting over the years and much of that in places we could not take an RV of any kind. I asked because of the remarks about asking tenting questions on an RV forum. 

Edited by Kirk Wood

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

19 hours ago, Pieere said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with camping out in a tent, if that's what you are into.  But it is not the same as living in an RV.  If one is planning on living in a tent, as was stated in the original post, one is better-advised to spend one's Internet time on tent-camping fora.

pethier, interested in toyhaulers for 13-foot car

• Now, for everyones gossip! I live in a fifth wheel full time! I use the tent for some get away to some uncivilized solitary fishing trips! I started out with a post about Senior Passes and the great Outdoors! And look at where this thread has taken me! Explaining that I use a tent as a temporary shelter to use for solitary backwoods fishing trips!
  •     This shows how easy it is to get off the Topic! Merry Christmas! I will take my (SIC) sense of humor and close this topic!

:) Living Life One Day At A Time!