Generator

Gia

Question: I think I over loaded the generator by using too many electric appliances/heaters at one time.  The power snapped off.  Resetting the GFCI does not restore power. I flipped all the power switches and unplugged/replaced  the power supply without success.  So, interestingly, I can use the solar electric power without problems, but direct generator/shore power will not work.   Any suggestions on what to check or do?  Thanks, Gia

Did you check the breaker on the generator itself??

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

Did you check the circuit breaker on the generator?  However if you truly don't have AC power from shore power then the CB on the generator is not the problem. 

What make model of generator and RV do you have? 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

Glad you got it working.  I have tripped the CB on my 4K gas Onan several times.  Easy to do with the air conditioner on, water heater on elect and microwave running, or using the 4 slice toaster with all 4 slices toasting with 2 other big loads.

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

:lol:  You will have to get Al to send his  itemized invoice (At CW rates, of course).  It is AMAZING the things we learn when the chips are down!

Of course since YOU were the one that did the fixing, you can send HIM your second party invoice.  You can pay him as soon as he pays you.  :D

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

Ranger Smith had the same suggestion at the same time I did so we need to share the fee. :lol:

Keep in mind the fee for the person knowing how to fix something is always more valuable that the worker providing the grunt work! ;)

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

Now come on  . . . I was 2 minutes before you but  . . . I'll share the fee because I'm a nice guy.

Steve and Joy

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

Ranger and Al,

In no way did I intend to not give credit where it is due....sorry Ranger,  the first reply/post I saw pop up was Al and I was eager to make the repair.  Responses are much valued and appreciated..... along with the ribbing and sense of humor!   Gia 

Just a little friendly ribbing going on. No apology needed Gia.

Steve and Joy

Where We Are Now

Archived