Investment advisor for the folks with a small account

Ron

Not me Barb. Remember in 2005 and UI told all the folks here to invest in Apple because of their switch to x86 chipsets identical to Microsoft's that were developed over the years from the original IBM PC x86. And despite no one predicting the iPhone and iPad success, they have been very profitable for folks that got in at $50 in 2005.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

2 hours ago, RV_ said:

Not me Barb. Remember in 2005 and UI told all the folks here to invest in Apple because of their switch to x86 chipsets identical to Microsoft's that were developed over the years from the original IBM PC x86. And despite no one predicting the iPhone and iPad success, they have been very profitable for folks that got in at $50 in 2005.

I was not here in 2005, but feel free to give some tips.  Always looking into research and investing. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Best tip is to research something you find intriguing or that you love.  We've had a Mac since 1984.  We love using them so they would be a natural.   The one we wished we'd had two extra nickles was when Southwest Airlines started - - we were in Texas at the time with a new baby and no extra money but we just knew that would take off.      Derek had that feeling about Tesla  - that the time was right and there was something about it that said "this is it".   They don't come along very often but when they do, at least try to get something invested.   Of course, sometimes it doesn't work.  But when it does :D

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Rynos,

Barb took the words right out of my mouth. I don't do stocks but when Steve Jobs announced they were switching to the Intel chipset designed for Windows I wanted to buy $30k but chickened out. I did open a trading account with USAA. When Tesla sold out their first two years of production in advance, with 100% down and having seen the profits I missed with Apple I jumped in.

The article writers are full of themselves half the time, and only time bears testament to who is which. 

The only actual tip I could give is to buy Space X as soon as they IPO. It is still privately held by Musk. Tesla should be good for $100.00 a share increase in the next year assuming no major issues arise with the Model 3 Rollout.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

5 hours ago, RV_ said:

Rynos,

Barb took the words right out of my mouth. I don't do stocks but when Steve Jobs announced they were switching to the Intel chipset designed for Windows I wanted to buy $30k but chickened out. I did open a trading account with USAA. When Tesla sold out their first two years of production in advance, with 100% down and having seen the profits I missed with Apple I jumped in.

The article writers are full of themselves half the time, and only time bears testament to who is which. 

The only actual tip I could give is to buy Space X as soon as they IPO. It is still privately held by Musk. Tesla should be good for $100.00 a share increase in the next year assuming no major issues arise with the Model 3 Rollout.

It will be good when space X has an IPO.  there will be a TON of people lined up to park some cash with them.  I kick myself in the arse when I did not buy Apple this year when it was in the mid 90s.... And that was because I thought that they were way under valued not because of a new chip set.

23 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Best tip is to research something you find intriguing or that you love.  We've had a Mac since 1984.  We love using them so they would be a natural.   The one we wished we'd had two extra nickles was when Southwest Airlines started - - we were in Texas at the time with a new baby and no extra money but we just knew that would take off.      Derek had that feeling about Tesla  - that the time was right and there was something about it that said "this is it".   They don't come along very often but when they do, at least try to get something invested.   Of course, sometimes it doesn't work.  But when it does :D

I'm in one that I love, CMG. But always looking for new opportunities.  Still also waiting for Chick Fil A to also have an IPO.

Archived