New Camper

NTPA Announcer

We are in the process of finding a new camper ( Not a TH)  in the 40' +  range. It doesn't have to be a 2018, a 2017 - 16 would be just fine. I've looked at Redwood and seem to like them a lot. Also Cedar Creek as well. Pros and cons on these aaaaannnnnd GO !

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

1 hour ago, NTPA Announcer said:

We are in the process of finding a new camper ( Not a TH)  in the 40' +  range. It doesn't have to be a 2018, a 2017 - 16 would be just fine. I've looked at Redwood and seem to like them a lot. Also Cedar Creek as well. Pros and cons on these aaaaannnnnd GO !

Hi Denver,

Good luck with your search.Please read up on Jim's thread about his new trailer. Be ready to do some maintenance on wheel bearings and brake pads. Seems like there is a lack of quality control when building an RV.

Talk to you later,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Denver-

Pro's- Most will have better insulation than what you currently have and are more energy efficient with LED lighting etc.

Con's- They are still built by people that are paid by the piece... No quality control.... and mainly Lippert- LCI owned part suppliers.

An idea... If you have your total number in your head that you want to spend,  Look on RV Trader, and RVT.com for lightly used units.  

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Thanks Guys, 

We are attending a camper show this weekend and will likely add more confusion to our already "which one was that?" ...  I really appreciate the input. Has anyone heard of Redwood campers? Also I'm Already looking forward to the ECR  2018. I surely hope you all can and will attend ! 

Mss Judy says hello !! 

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

Denver,

We purchased our Redwood in early 2013.  We had also looked at DRV and Excel.  Quite simply, it was one of those, "You know it when you see it" moments.  The RW had a real residential feel to it and that was the deal maker.

Unfortunately, RW is no longer an independent subsidiary of Thor.  The brand has gone through a few reorganizations since 2013.  

We have made multiple upgrades to the unit which were not available as either standard or optional items when we purchased.  The foundation of these rigs is always their achilles, IMHO.  Independent suspension, hydraulic brakes and a 17.5" wheel/tire combo are now available.

I will say the rig wasn't problem free but we've worked out all of the bugs to the point where I'm happy.  We had an accommodating dealer which can make or break a purchase such as this one.

Feel free to PM for more.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

Archived