Roasting my right foot

cockneyboy

When driving my 05 Coachman concord my legs get so hot from the engine heat. The engine is not overheating at all. With the Air conditioning running full bore there is almost no flow from the floor vent unless the selector is on floor position,of course this is for  heat not AC. Surely there must be some way to get more air flow to the footwells

. It's hard to believe that everyone with this E450 set up doesn't have the same issue. 

All any advice will be very much appreciated.

I had a similar problem until I pulled the doghouse and insured it had reflective insulation . Then insured there was a good seal between the doghouse edges and where they contact mating surfaces . 

I'm much happier with a lot less heat while driving .

Goes around , comes around .

1 hour ago, cockneyboy said:

Thanks P&P,  I will take a look at that but it seems like there should also be a way to direct the A.C. to the footwell. The vent is there ??? Cheers

Some of the vents might use flex hose for ducting . I had two that had partially detached from the outlet and were only directing a bit of flow , until I got under the dash and found the problem . 

If your unit uses vacuum , check that the vacuum lines that operate the blower door(s) are copacetic . A slight leak could easily cause malfunction .

Goes around , comes around .

6 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

I'm much happier with a lot less heat whfile driving .

I had much the same issue with a class A, Ford chassis. I found that part of the insulation had come loose from the fiberglass "dog house" cover and there were also gaps. I applied spray contact cement and also some aluminum tape over the seams in the insulation. I also added some of the metal wrapped foam board that is sometimes used in house construction to the under side of the floor and sealed all of those joints with the metallic tape designed for metal heat ducts. 

5 hours ago, cockneyboy said:

there should also be a way to direct the A.C. to the footwell. The vent is there ?

On ours, there was a position to divide the air discharge between the dash vents and the floor vents which worked for either the heater or the air conditioner. If yours doesn't have such a position, it probably can't be done. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived