93 King of the Road 5th wheel slide

billnbos

Is there any sound at all when you try to operate the slide.

How old are the batteries. 

Ais there any water in the batteries.

Can you plug the RV in. If so do the lights come on and brute as they should.

That's enough to get started on what is wrong.

May need more info,.   Vern

Just for grins and giggles, look under the pull out steps of your 5ver and see if there is a small black box of sorts mounted somewhere in that area.  If so, see if is has a lid/cover that will come off.  About 20 years ago, we had a 1993 StarCraft 5th wheel and the big slide quit working as I started to bring it in.  There was a small black box of the type/location that I described and inside was a stubby round glass 50a fuse for that slide.  Replaced with another and the slide worked after that.  Got an extra fuse if needed for the future and of course never happened again while we owned it.   :rolleyes:

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

If the other electric slide works then the battery(s) and disconnect switch should be OK.  That leaves a possibility of 2 fuses/breakers and the one for the bad slide is bad, the slide switch is bad, or the motor is bad.  It's vey possible there could be a corroded power connection or loose connection.  I'd use a meter and check for 12v at the switch first as a start.  You said the hand crank broke, when you first tried to bring the slide in with the switch did it make any noise?  If it did it's possible it's jammed and popped a fuse or breaker, if it made no noise then it's back to a fuse/breaker, switch, motor, or connection problem.  Start checking for 12v in the circuit from the battery to the slide motor.      Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

Archived