Just a thought on depreciation

jjwicklund

On 9/19/2017 at 7:37 AM, Kirk Wood said:

It would be interesting to hear "the rest of the story" when that winds up. As expensive as it can be, we always kept "full replacement" coverage on ours as long as it was our only home. 

Kirk, I'm rather late responding, but it surprises me how many folks think their tow vehicle insurance automatically covers their trailer while it's parked; it doesn't provide coverage except while attached, and that's liability only unless you pay extra. It's obvious they didn't read the policy closely.

UPDATE: The trailer was set up "permanently", had been for years, no current info. We know it's very expensive to live or even visit in the Keys. Sounds like they were living on the cheap = no insurance or fall-back plan; now expect us to bail them out of financial trouble.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived