Help! We are stuck!

lolykitty

So we drove our RV off the lot only to find that it is leaking what looks like gas and oil and the shop is now closed. We found that it is this piece that is the source, but we have no idea what it is or how to fix it. It is on the right side of the tank. Does anyone know what we should do to fix it? It is a 1989 spirit itasca. I added some photos for reference.
Thank you xx

21104430_1658547240831164_1517211915_o.jpg

not familiar with that vehicle but that looks like a fuel pressure regulator to me.

2000 National RV Sea Breeze 5th wheel 30ft.

So.California

1950 F1 street rod

1949 F1 stock V8 flathead

1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed shortened frame.

1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame

1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, king coil-overs,etc

1970 Baha Bug wihg 2332cc, King coil overs and everything else there is.

1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins, turbo, trans, injectors, lockers, bigger turbo,edge EZ upgrades for towing 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

Yes, that is the fuel pressure regulator.  It has a rubber diaphragm in it that fails.  They are fairly inexpensive, or they used to be when I replaced one about ten years ago.  I was able to purchase mine at an auto parts store.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

First, let me welcome you to the Escapee forums! We regret that you have a problem and we will do all that we can to assist you. It has now been some 8 hours since you posted but I'll add a bit in case it may help. 

8 hours ago, lolykitty said:

So we drove our RV off the lot only to find that it is leaking what looks like gas and oil and the shop is now closed.

Being that it is now early morning on a Friday, I would expect that the shop should be open again now but I'll offer some thoughts, hoping that it will be helpful. My first thought is that the previous answers are correct. If you have the class A version of the Spirit, I suspect that it rides on a Chevrolet chassis and parts for it should be readily available at most auto parts stores. Please do return and update us on what is happening as we do care and will assist in any way that we may be able. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Did you get your problem fixed???

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

21 minutes ago, Ranger Smith said:

Did you get your problem fixed???

The profile shows that they posted and never came back to see what the answer was. They made that same post on at least 2 other RV forums.

On 8/28/2017 at 8:32 AM, Pat & Pete said:

Seems the op ( lolykitty ) is all over the web : 

I wonder if she ever returned to read any of them, or if the problem was even real? She still has never been back and at least one of the other forums where she posted this has been that same way. May have just been a hoax. :wacko:

Archived