Geezer-assist modification

ARGO

Coiling up, carrying  and storing my 50A cord in a compartment was getting old, mine is 40ft. I engineered a slick improvement to make it easier, like the rewind on hi-dollar coaches. But mine was less than $100. Wanna' see it? OK, but somebody clue me in on how to get pics on here pls. Will the forum take uploads right from my PC ?

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

I sure would like to see it.  I may not have the room but go for it. use http://imgur.com/ and put the link they have for the picture in the message

2000 National RV Sea Breeze 5th wheel 30ft.

So.California

1950 F1 street rod

1949 F1 stock V8 flathead

1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed shortened frame.

1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame

1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, king coil-overs,etc

1970 Baha Bug wihg 2332cc, King coil overs and everything else there is.

1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins, turbo, trans, injectors, lockers, bigger turbo,edge EZ upgrades for towing 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

23 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

This site makes it very easy to post photos here. Just follow the directions and copy and past the resulting link into your post.

http://photoposting.is-great.net/

tried it works fine but seems to be a form or imgur this was a picture I put in and it came up with the imgur site in the url.

NltSZfjl.jpg

2000 National RV Sea Breeze 5th wheel 30ft.

So.California

1950 F1 street rod

1949 F1 stock V8 flathead

1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed shortened frame.

1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame

1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, king coil-overs,etc

1970 Baha Bug wihg 2332cc, King coil overs and everything else there is.

1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins, turbo, trans, injectors, lockers, bigger turbo,edge EZ upgrades for towing 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

10 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

.... new one cost $100k but came with a new camper and a power reel!

That must be a really nice power reel, especially the accessories which came attached to it? :P Congratulations on the new home.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Yes, you can add pictures directly from your computer.

When you're in the Reply box where you type your message, look down in the lower left-hand corner for the picture of the paperclip.  You can either drag the file (picture) or click on "choose files" and browse to your picture.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

OK, here's the link if I did this right

https://postimg.org/gallery/2ugp198fq/

OK, let's give this a try. Tks for all the help.

Started out with a $70 air hose reel from Horrible Freight. Removed (& saved!) the air hose and fittings. My coach takes a twist lock plug, and I had to "relieve" a side of the reel so it wouldn't take so much room. My 40' cord fits nicely on the reel, much smaller diameter coil than I was able to do by hand. Cranked the spring several times to get enough tension to retract the whole thing. When I need the cord, I pull it off the reel as I walk to the power post & plug in. Then go back, and pull the remainder off the reel, plug it into the coach. NOTE: if it stops clicking and you remove the plug from it's "nest" it will spring back & then you have to re-tension the spring before it will suck it in again.

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

5 minutes ago, ARGO said:

OK, here's the link if I did this right

https://postimg.org/gallery/2ugp198fq/

OK, let's give this a try. Tks for all the help.

Started out with a $70 air hose reel from Horrible Freight. Removed (& saved!) the air hose and fittings. My coach takes a twist lock plug, and I had to "relieve" a side of the reel so it wouldn't take so much room. My 40' cord fits nicely on the reel, much smaller diameter coil than I was able to do by hand. Cranked the spring several times to get enough tension to retract the whole thing. When I need the cord, I pull it off the reel as I walk to the power post & plug in. Then go back, and pull the remainder off the reel, plug it into the coach. NOTE: if it stops clicking and you remove the plug from it's "nest" it will spring back & then you have to re-tension the spring before it will suck it in again.

Note that you have to hit the Share button at the top left to get the Hot Links .

Here is what the Hot Link(s) produces :

reel1.jpg

reel2.jpg

reel3.jpg

reel4.jpg

Goes around , comes around .

29 minutes ago, ARGO said:

Tks!!! I'm PC-challenged. The dates on the photos are incorrect. Have to remember to reduce the size on the camera before I take any more pics

You're welcome . 

When you upload to that site , you can choose to have your pics re-sized . I set mine at 640x480 . That's an acceptable size for any forum and shows plenty of detail . 

Goes around , comes around .

Well Argo...

I had the same idea and it looks like a swell way to save aggravation and labor rolling up a cord..

Wouldn't work for me as I didn't have enough room for the reel so I try's a different approach. Maybe an idea for someone that a retractable reel won't work.

I mounted- electric twist outlet on the bumper, and made two cords..15 and 25. Lot easier to roll up a short cord, and a longer cord for those bad times..worked so well I did the same for CATV AND WATER because I got tired of feeding water an catv thru hole in compartment.

Trucken

IMG_0641.JPG

Archived