Annual Maintenance recommendations

charlyhors

I am not a fifth wheel person but I'd assume that you are familiar with tire care? While you are about it, there are some things which should be done in the RV. Not sure how much of this is of interest, but don't overlook the refrigerator, water heater, and furnace for cleaning of the burners and general checking. I also like to do a leak down test on my propane system annually.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I'm pretty much in Kirks camp on this one and am sure you're already well aware of most of this. At least twice a year I clean the fridges flu and burner area,,,,,,,,,,,,same for hot water heater in the burner and air inlet,,,,,,,,,,,In the furnace area I just remove the outer cover and clean the best I can,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, In the electrical distribution panel I inspect and tighten all the connections and exercise the breakers,,,,,,,,,,I clean shiny bright all the male plug blades and pins,,,,,,,,,,,,,Obviously check for weather checking on tires and keep filled to proper pressure WELL DUH YOU SAY ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Check and grease and pack wheel bearings,,,,,,,Inspect LP hoses and I carry that spray leak detector...........Batteries and tests on CO and LPG and Smoke detectors...........

There's much more but that's a start

John T  

If you have a EPDM or TPO membrane roof (both often referred to as rubber roofs) clean it following the manufacturer's recommendations. Inspect all the seams and caulking and apply the type of caulking recommended by the membrane  manufacturer.

Inspect all the gaskets/weather seals on the slides. Clean and lubricate according to the slide manufacturer's recommendations.  

Don't blow air into the inlet/outlet on a furnace.....a sure ways to get a piece of dirt stuck in the propane jet.

Bug screen on various fridge/HW tank covers to keep the wasps out

Remove the AC covers and check for wasps

Best to check the roof caulking on hand and knees

If there isn't clear caulking on the side wall it is best to run the edge of a credit card around the edge of the caulking

Spring hangers and shackles for wear or Morryde shear blocks for cracks

Run Fridge and HW tank on both propane and AC

Propane test

Bubble test high pressure side of propane system

Write re-test dates on propane tanks

Check for proper flame on HW tank....pilot light in oven

Roof visors/vent for crack. Clean bug screens

Lube stairs

Screws/fasteners on the ladder

Back of propane fridge for anything sign of green stuff

Pin box.for rust streak and torque on the bolts. Maybe add a 6" inspection hatch in on both side of the pin box to keep an eye out for cracked welds/steel.

Bottom of compartment doors for signs of moisture.

Water isn't getting into the underbelly material

Clean gutter extension. Pay close attention to fore leaks in this area

Look for rusting screws....an indication water is getting in somewhere

Check ATS and EMS  and screws in cords ends if appplicable

Limit switches on Bigfoot leveling jacks

Wiring and propane hose under any slides

The check valve in FW pump is working

Like John T said .....  There's much more but that's a start

2011 Cameo 34SB3

Archived