Kodiak 250 caliper

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I am doing some maintenance work on my trailer. My plan is to chance out the china wheel bearings with Timken brand, replace the shocks and the brake pads and also the wheel seals. The trailer has MorRyde IS suspension with 8000 lbs axles and Kodiak 250 brake calipers. I thought I remember someone saying that Kodiak used a GM part number for the brake pads. Does anyone know what GM cars the brake pads came from ? Right now I can't find that info I need. I also hope I have the right part number for the Monroe shocks. This is the number on the shock UO 109-4. Is that the correct number ? Is there anything that I am missing ? Once I get the Timken part number I will post that number. The old wheel seal number is, Dexter Axle 10-36. What do you think the number is that they  cross over to ?

Have I missed anything ?
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Contact morryde. They will tell you which gym car. Then go to oreilly and get the ceramic pads. Only pay once. I don't know the number but it is their computer when I need them again.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:18 AM, ronald1russell said:

The pads are MKD215

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for the part number,

Al

20 hours ago, Bobi and Dick McKee said:

Alan, I am considering new wheel bearings the we get home in October.  If you come up with Timken bearing and seal #s it would save a lot research to come up with the same info, and would be very much appreciated.  Thank in Advance, Dick

Hi Dick,

I will be glad to post the part # for the seals. I will also post the Timken part #'s for all of the bearings. I am still waiting for the seals to come in. The supplier has hoping that the seals would have been in by this pass Friday. I hope they have the seals in Monday. Right now I do not have a part # to give you.

Al

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:36 PM, Bobi and Dick McKee said:

Alan, I am considering new wheel bearings the we get home in October.  If you come up with Timken bearing and seal #s it would save a lot research to come up with the same info, and would be very much appreciated.  Thank in Advance, Dick

Hi Dick,

I am panning on starting a new thread with all the part numbers that I used on the trailer. I will post the old part number and then the replacement part numbers that I used. Right now I will post the new seal number that I used. It is a heavy duty seal. It has an extra steel ring on the back side. The ring made the seal stronger. The old number was Dexter 10-36 and the new number is a SKF 22532. The new seals worked out just fine.

Al

I just upgraded my Teton to disc brakes. All new bearings. Got everything from etrailer. They sell Chinese bearings but declare they have no problems with theirs. They could not supply any noticeable failures. They did state all Chinese bearings not same. Time will tell. They also came with ceramic pads with lifetime warranty. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:56 AM, GlennWest said:

I just upgraded my Teton to disc brakes. All new bearings. Got everything from etrailer. They sell Chinese bearings but declare they have no problems with theirs. They could not supply any noticeable failures. They did state all Chinese bearings not same. Time will tell. They also came with ceramic pads with lifetime warranty. 

Hi Glenn,

I retired from an American steel and bearing company. I know what it takes to make a quality product. All the bearings where made in the USA. I still have some of my friends working for that same company I retired from.

Al

Hi Everyone,

I have started a new thread with part numbers for the Mor-Ryde suspension with disc brakes and Dexter axles.http://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/128887-mor-ryde-w-disc-brakes/

Al

• 4 weeks later...

Al's part #s are spot on.  Went to our local NAPA store and talked to a guy I have known for years.  I did not know that most part houses carry 2 different quality of bearings.  He showed me one bearing set of cone, bearing and seal for $28.  Then he showed me NAPA's best. One bearing with no race or seal was 37.72.  He showed me the cheap ones were make by some Chinese company called LMB.  The good bearing were KYB made in Japan.  I had tried for days to find US bearing and gave up, so I bought the NAPA best and replaced the bearings,  seals and new semi metallic brake pads.  I was surprised at how little wear there was on the pads, but I think it is because I constantly use the exhaust brake on the Sportchassis.

I have attached a receipt from NAPA with their part numbers.   Dick

14 hours ago, Bobi and Dick McKee said:

Al's part #s are spot on.  Went to our local NAPA store and talked to a guy I have known for years.  I did not know that most part houses carry 2 different quality of bearings.  He showed me one bearing set of cone, bearing and seal for $28.  Then he showed me NAPA's best. One bearing with no race or seal was 37.72.  He showed me the cheap ones were make by some Chinese company called LMB.  The good bearing were KYB made in Japan.  I had tried for days to find US bearing and gave up, so I bought the NAPA best and replaced the bearings,  seals and new semi metallic brake pads.  I was surprised at how little wear there was on the pads, but I think it is because I constantly use the exhaust brake on the Sportchassis.

I have attached a receipt from NAPA with their part numbers.   Dick

Hi Dick,

I am surprised that the NAPA could not get you Timken bearings. KYB is a good bearing. I hope you knocked out the old cup from your brake rotors. It is nice to have a good matched set of bearing parts working together. It is to bad you won't close to me. We have a great supplier on bearings and drive line parts in town (Canton,Ohio). Canton is the home town of the world head quarters for The Timken Co..

Al

Al, they had Timken, but they were all made in China.  He  contacted the warhouse and they looked at the boxes till the found enough KYB Japan to fill my order.

Fulltimer, I only order on line when I when there is not a local business that carries what I need.  We feel it is important to support local business.  The little of Needles, Ca, which is directly across the Colorado River from us is, like so many little towns in America, dying on the vine.  No more banks, grocery store, one pharmacy and one auto parts store.  Even 2 of the 3 bars have closed!  I was concerned about the made in America bearing issue, but KYB are good bearings. 

Also I failed attach the NAPA bill with part #'s for any one interested, so I attached it here.  Dick

trailer bearings.jpeg

Hi Dick,

"Al, they had Timken, but they were all made in China.  He  contacted the warhouse and they looked at the boxes till the found enough KYB Japan to fill my order. "

That is interesting. The Timken bearings (cups and cone assemblies) that I got were made in the USA. I would have not thought that Timken would make the same part number in to different places.  You have my interest up. I might just need to make contact with my friends still working at Timken to find out if the part numbers that I have are made in two different locations.

Best of luck on your work,
Al

Archived