Wheeew, what a trip

4905 doc

Just got back from a trip out to Az. I have always wanted to take the Coronado trail. Just follow highway 191. This is a trip that's not for the faint of heart. First it was squeezing through a tunnel down at Clifton Az. from there, about 93 miles of twisty winding no shoulder, two lane road with absolutely no guardrails and some places at least 1000 foot drop. So, there I was, snaking along in my 37' class A towing a 20' open trailer with the trusty Trailblazer on top. Somewhere along the way, I passed a sign that showed us at 11,000 foot. Man, what a slow journey. I have to hand it to the Gulfstream as it went up without a whimper, and even the propane fridge functioned as it should. It was a wonderful climb, but, not one I'd like to do again in my motorhome.

DSC01257.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Lol....I've been on that road with my pickup. No way I would take my 40' DP on there. My hat is off to you. They should make a sticker for that experience.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Archived