Smart brakes making bad noise

Brad & Jacolyn

Hi Guys,

The Smart car started making bad noises in the front left yesterday afternoon. Very annoying. I figured it was the wear bar on the brakes. I'm in Billings MT. for a couple days and it is late Friday afternoon. So I called NAPA to find out how long it would take to get new parts. Well who would believe it but they had a set of pads in stock. I went and got them and changed out the pads this morning. Watched a couple of You tube videos on how to change the pads. Job only took 20 minutes per wheel and the noise went away. This job was easy enough that Rocky could do it ;) :P If his knees would let him.  So now I know how to change front bakes and install cruise controls in Smarts.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Brad, you are just such the intellectual when it comes to stuff like this!  I want to be just like you when I grow up!

How much mileage did you have on those pads?  Originals?  Do you drive that car like you stole it?  Like Phil does?

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

18 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Still a lower case proper noun. smart, not Smart.

Still don't care.

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

Hi Rocky,

The pads were the originals and had 64k on them. I drive normally. It is Jacolyn that drives like Phil.

And I refuse to grow up. Growing old is mandatory and growing up is optional.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
2009 Smart "Joy"

4 minutes ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

But he was identifying a brand..... Smart car by Mercedes

Not "The car is smart because it is loaded with electronics".

Don't know about the rest of the readers, but this made my Sunday morning reading:D.

The things that make me laff is expanding every day.

Friday after we set up our work zone, flag men at both ends, pilot car with flashing lights and follow me sign as requried by the state, a disgruntled lady ( loose term as she spoke like a drunken sailor in port ) ran past the flagger, I stopped her by blocking the road with my sealing truck and trailer, walked back and asked her what she was doing running the flag station, she informed me that we should start work after everyone got to work, or call and inform the people that us this road that we would be delaying traffic, then used the F bomb, how I was conceived, and where I should spend eternity, I told here to call the local police, or someone that gave a sh?t, turn her car around and get out of my work zone. Well she called the local police and explained to the officer what had happened, and he gave her a tongue lashing, and then proceeded to my location to give my his personal cell, with instructions to call him and he would take care of the person, including a large fine for being in his words a real dump ass.

Roger, 

GCTaaehl.jpg

1 hour ago, Darryl&Rita said:

vp12-smart-logo.png

No capitalization here.

As much as I want to say "who gives a damn", Darryl is right. Go to smartusa.com and you will never find the word "Smart" capitalized. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

4 hours ago, Big5er said:

As much as I want to say "who gives a damn", Darryl is right. Go to smartusa.com and you will never find the word "Smart" capitalized. 

Thanks Phil.  I totally agree.  Darryl was just having too much fun being correct, which he usually is...............:P

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

1 hour ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Everybody has a "button", this happens to be my current favorite.

OH!! It's a button. I know all about buttons. Why didn't ya say so? I'm all down with buttons being pushed. 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Archived