paper plate pop up?

shooter51

Please help me with a search. I have a paper plate holder that came installed over the stove, in my "new to me" 5 'er , The catch is, it's only for 9 inch plates. The navigator/CFO and I both prefer the heavy duty 10 inch, nominal size. (they come in 10 1/16th", 10 1/8th" and 10 3/8ths, as stated on the packaging during a Wally world investigation) There are literally hundreds of holders available for the 9 inch size, none, I can find, for the bigger sizes.

I will admit, my Google foo is getting weaker each day, BUT this one fixture eleudes me. I want to give it one more try, before I make a custom one out of wood or plexi-glass. OK all you white horse ridin' big white hat wearin' folks, ride to the rescue. (it just can't be that difficult to find, or can it?)

Thanks, Shooter

If it turns $$$$$$$ dollars into smoke and noise, I'm there.

13 hours ago, sandsys said:

I couldn't find one that holds the bigger plates.

I wonder if there is a conspiracy by the Russians to force everyone to use only 9" paper plates? Or maybe the government?   :ph34r:  I couldn't find any either. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

try   organize.com

Or google search  9 inch paper plate holder

The Paper Plate Dispenser provides a convenient solution for storing paper plates in an RV, boat and elsewhere. This plate dispenser mounts directly under a kitchen cabinet or shelf to provide quick and easy access to paper plates, therefore you can save valuable cabinet space. The paper plate dispenser is designed to hold up to 125, 9-inch paper plates. This dispenser is constructed of sturdy white plastic to provide you with lasting dependability. Paper plates are not included.

• Paper Plate Dispenser Features
  • Convenient solution for storing paper plates in an RV, boat and elsewhere.
  • Saves valuable cabinet space.
  • Holds up to 125 paper plates.
  • Works with paper plates that are 9-inches in diameter.
  • Plates are not included.
  • Sturdy white plastic construction.
  • Mounts directly under a cabinet or shelf.
  • Easy to install.

Comment: new member only 5 posts??, been signed up since 2011.  Oh well

Potential solution.  Buy the 9 inch paper plate dispenser.  Take it to a florist and have them cut it in half with their "hot wire" cutter.  Mount each half, one inch apart.  Got what you needed and foiled the Russians.

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

2 hours ago, staffnon said:

my bust

I took this to mean the poster realizing he had misunderstood  and therefore given the wrong info. I am wondering if this is a saying that is more prevelant in some parts of the country than others.  I had not heard it before there was a new weather guy added to the local tv station.

9 hours ago, bigjim said:

I took this to mean the poster realizing he had misunderstood  and therefore given the wrong info. I am wondering if this is a saying that is more prevelant in some parts of the country than others.  I had not heard it before there was a new weather guy added to the local tv station.

Just more urban slang . 

'my bust' same as 'my bad' or the like .

Goes around , comes around .

23 hours ago, Jeff & Suzanne said:

Why the need to criticize?  Just askin'. . .

He was asking about his own post count. Seems he must have missed the discussions of the host server software update that changed everyone's post counts to lower numbers.  :)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

WOW!!. my bust, urban slang?. Thanks I am 67 yrs young and retired from USMC in 89.  Urban slang? been using that even before the USMC. 

Yes I made a mistake about the OP and the size he was asking about. But I am still looking through the WEB and trying to help the OP, have you been also helping out?. 

If and when I find some useful info I will post.  And yes, I did forget about the system update and the count reset.

Comment: when I first started posting the readers/responders took it as good info, or with a grain of SALT and thought about it and made up there own mind, or just nice reading to store in your gray matter.  But now the PC police are well in trenched.

ME again, think outside the box!. maybe something like this attached to the wall, or under the cabinet with a little Velcro or something at the edges to hold the paper plates in.

Just a thought since nothing shows up right now on the net, This site is bulk, but think wally-world, Target, or big box and carry a paper plate and try out the cleaning/office supply sections, or bulk storage containers in the store.

Again just a thought out loud, No hit no miss no gain 

Yes I am trying to help the OP

Gridwall Literature Holder - 9 x 1 34 x 10"

Build your own customized gridwall display.
  • Display marketing materials and product information.
  • Crystal clear, durable acrylic.
  • Gridwall adapter clips included.
  • Use with Gridwall Panels and Mobile Tower
    sold separately.

MODEL
NO.
DESCRIPTION SIZE QTY./
CTN.
PRICE PER CARTON ADD TO
CART
1 3 5+
S-21368 Literature Holder 9 x 1 3/4 x 10" 10 $77 $74 $72   ADD

47 minutes ago, staffnon said:

WOW!!. my bust, urban slang?.

Completely OT, but language intrigues me. I've travelled all over the world and it's the first time I've heard, "my bust" as well. The only written reference I could find was in the urban dictionary with possible origins as, "Local slang: New York Burough".

Does that holds water from where you're from?

WOW again, small world, we must have traveled opposite sides?

urban dictionary from the web?. who cares, what have you done to help the OP?

Just another thought, an over sized in/out basket attached to under side of cabinet. think outside the box of the paper plate holder.  Wow I just gave another idea to the OP.

Hey, all yous guys come down off the governor. I'm a master millwright, with an engineering degree. I'm pretty sure I can scratch build a workable device.

What I was trying to do with the first post was expand the data base. I find it difficult to accept the fact that nobody has manufactured a holder for the bigger plates. I guessed that my google foo was weak. If all ya'll keep helpin' me, we can beat this horse...just please quit beatin on each other...

Thanks very much, Shooter 

If it turns $$$$$$$ dollars into smoke and noise, I'm there.

7 hours ago, sandsys said:

But it's only 9" wide so it still won't hold 10" plates. :(

You're braver than I am. I was going to mention the same thing but we've already been instructed twice in this thread that if we are not offering options to help the OP we should keep our posts to ourselves. :lol::D

13 hours ago, bigjim said:

Gridwall Literature Holder - 9 x 1 34 x 10"

Build your own customized gridwall display.
  • Display marketing materials and product information.
  • Crystal clear, durable acrylic.
  • Gridwall adapter clips included.
  • Use with Gridwall Panels and Mobile Tower
    sold separately.

I like this as it it usefull in other ways also.

So it's only 9" wide ... Cut the sides out to a bit more than half way down  . 

Not to get too far off topic but , the op wrote :

I have a paper plate holder that came installed over the stove,

Are you sure you want to replace that holder 'there' ? 

I mean , every time I see paper near flames , it usually results in ashes . 

Goes around , comes around .

Archived