I have set up our mailing address in Texas with intent to move there. I'm not sure how to change my auto insurance though. I know they will ask me if this is where I will store my car at night? If it's close to a fire hydrant, blah, blah, blah. So how did you guys go about this? This may be a silly question as I tend to overthink things. :)

Since we were going fulltime, I just got new quotes from firms that do insurance for fulltimers.  It is different than regular car insurance.   Just gave them our address - these firms KNOW about fulltimers, which is why they offer FULLTIME insurance. 

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I asked my future insurance agent if the Rainbow Dr. address was OK and he said no problem, several of his customers had that address.....................I've never been asked any questions, just give them an address and they are happy. If you want my agents name and number send me a PM. We used him when we lived in Houston in the 90's.

"So how did you guys go about this? This may be a silly question as I tend to overthink things"

Deal with an online insurer, like Progressive Direct, who doesn't ask so many questions. Or deal with an RV specialty agency like Miller Insurance or others, who understand the RV & Fulltimer lifestyle and write 1,000 's of Fulltimer Policies.

Jim

The first thing to do is to sign up with the mail service and get your address. Once you have that you will need to look into getting fulltimer coverage for the RV, which is similar to the home owner's insurance that one would carry on a stick house. Some well thought of insurance agencies are:

Miller Insurance               AIS insurance                  Explorer Insurance

RV Advantage                  Foremost Insurance

I would contact at least two and possibly three or more of them for quotes. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We bought directly from Foremost. Which means we might have overpaid but that wasn't our primary consideration. A reputable company was. And at that time that basically meant Foremost or Progressive. Progressive wouldn't insure us without a toad so Foremost it was. I suspect it's a more complicated decision now that others are in the business.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Archived