Dual Pane Windows - Worth the expense & wait time?

cwr

1 hour ago, GlennWest said:

Have to ask, If you always had, how do you know they make a difference.

While I have never had an RV's windows upgraded, I have owned 7 different RVs and of them only 2 have had dual pane windows. l have lived in two different stick houses that had single pane windows that I had replaced with dual pane.  

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 8/19/2017 at 10:43 PM, Jimalberta said:

I think that the reason the window seals go is the constant shaking and bumping and grinding that trailers go through. My motorhome with its air ride does not experience these forces nearly as much and It has never had a seal go in any of the windows. I dont know why the rv manufacturers dont put shocks on the trailers and fifth wheels,  this would provide a much smoother ride for them.

Shocks alone won't fix a rough ride on a towable RV. The gentleness of a ride is more a function of the stiffness of the springs and limited travel of the suspension system/wheels. This is especially true of traditional solid axle/leaf spring setups found on 95% of towables. Some higher-end fifth wheel manufacturers offer the MOR/ryde independent suspension systems from the factory. These are fully independent systems that use rubber shear springs, have much more travel and also have shocks. The difference in the ride the rig experiences is night and day - but not directly a function of the shock absorbers.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Archived