Best RV insurance for full-time

DuneElliot

I know this has been asked time and time again but I haven't been able to narrow anything down. I have a quote from Miller RV insurance as they seem to come recommended. Anyone else I shoukd ve seriously considering for full-timing...I think the contents are worth more than the actual camper and that is an issue I'm running into.

2007 Keystone Springdale 245 FWRLL-S (modified)

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

Cody and Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Latest departure date: 10/1/2017

Find us at www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com

35 minutes ago, JCZ said:

sn't Miller RV just a broker?

Miller Insurance is an agency, as are most people who sell insurance.

Here are a few more to check with. 

AIS Insurance

Explorer Insutance

RV Advantage

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 weeks later...

Tried Explorer RV Insurance...have left countless messages over the past week and NOTHING. Apprently returning my calls is not important enough to want my business...I'd rather wait for an hour on hold to talk to a representative than leave a message and hope they call me back.

Next...

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

9 hours ago, DuneElliot said:

Tried Explorer RV Insurance...have left countless messages over the past week and NOTHING. Apprently returning my calls is not important enough to want my business...I'd rather wait for an hour on hold to talk to a representative than leave a message and hope they call me back.

Next...

Can you  imagine what it would be like filing a claim with them.  No call back to collect money, would they answer to pay out money?

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Exactly. I called RV Advantage aka FCIS and had my call answered within minutes, quotes fast, super-friendly staff and a very good price and coverage. Now THAT is what I expect out of customer service and THAT is why they are getting my business.

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

5 hours ago, DuneElliot said:

Exactly. I called RV Advantage aka FCIS and had my call answered within minutes, quotes fast, super-friendly staff and a very good price and coverage. Now THAT is what I expect out of customer service and THAT is why they are getting my business.

I will call them tomorrow for a quote. 

On 8/28/2017 at 10:58 PM, rynosback said:

Can you  imagine what it would be like filing a claim with them.

While you don't usually make claims through the insurance agency but direct to the claim service if this is what they do I'll remove them from my recommended list. For one more quote, try contacting Foremost Insurance.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We have "The general" right now as they gave us the best price this year.  One thing that happened last year was a 5th wheel ran into the front of my bus when he was trying to park.  He had Gieco insurance on his rig and they took very good care of me.  We were in the middle of a trip to a high school reunion and were under a bit of a time constraint.  They had a rear view mirror overnighted to us and a local vendor put it on.  Then two months later we were in Red Bay Alabama (where tiffin's plant is) and had the rest of the front repaired and painted.  Gieco took care of the bill promptly.  I'm probably going to give them a try next year.  Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

17 hours ago, rynosback said:

I will call them tomorrow for a quote. 

If you have a choice ask for Bob Isbel...he was the guy I worked with and he was great.

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

6 hours ago, DuneElliot said:

If you have a choice ask for Bob Isbel...he was the guy I worked with and he was great.

I spoke to Robin today.  She was very nice and helpful.  They are just an agent company also as she emailed me the best quote.  And it was Progressive.  I had just gotten a quote from them the other day.

On 8/30/2017 at 9:10 AM, steved44 said:

We have "The general" right now as they gave us the best price this year.  One thing that happened last year was a 5th wheel ran into the front of my bus when he was trying to park.  He had Gieco insurance on his rig and they took very good care of me.  We were in the middle of a trip to a high school reunion and were under a bit of a time constraint.  They had a rear view mirror overnighted to us and a local vendor put it on.  Then two months later we were in Red Bay Alabama (where tiffin's plant is) and had the rest of the front repaired and painted.  Gieco took care of the bill promptly.  I'm probably going to give them a try next year.  Steve

We use to have a Ford truck that got rear ended. The other person had Geico and I just talked to the adjuster on the phone. He said if I took it to a shop on their list of vendors, all would be taken care. Took it to the local Ford dealer, who was on the list. Geico and Ford took care of everything with no questions asked. Unfortunately when I got a quote to insure our truck, car, trailer and two houses (at the time) they came in much higher than others.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

FCIS quoted and got me insurance with Progressive. It is good to hear they are easy to work with and work on claims promptly. The other quote I had was higher and didn't included as much coverage.

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:58 PM, rynosback said:

Can you  imagine what it would be like filing a claim with them.  No call back to collect money, would they answer to pay out money?

We were with them for years. They have NOW decided to get out of the personal lines for the RV community. We will be changing they sent us a quote for Safeway. We are looking at other carriers. They took my money for so many years. Now nothing. We like the fact that FMCA and other RV  groups want our business. Look carefully at what you buy, many policies are not good for a Full Timer. Good luck.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I have called FCIS they have been prompt in answering, courteous, friendly and got everything done in a very timely manner...including stuff I was struggling with on Progressive's website. I am really liking them so far and if it keeps up they are likely to keep my business for a long time.

2000 F-250 7.3L SRW

In my experiance, it's a given that most, if not all insurance rates will go up noticeably after  you have been with them for 3-5 yrs.  It doesn't seem to matter if you have a stellar driving record or no claims, you/we/us will help the insurance companies pay for other folks claims. 

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

On 8/30/2017 at 6:39 AM, Kirk Wood said:

While you don't usually make claims through the insurance agency but direct to the claim service if this is what they do I'll remove them from my recommended list. For one more quote, try contacting Foremost Insurance.

Where are they located. If they are in TX or FL they may have been affected one of the hurricanes. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

• 4 months later...
28 minutes ago, daveward said:

Assuming you have a toad (any car, doesn't matter the make), do you have one insurance company for the Motorhome and another for the car?  Thanks.

We did. USAA for the car and Foremost for the motorhome's fulltimer's insurance.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

32 minutes ago, daveward said:

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to follow-up with an answer to this question:

Assuming you have a toad (any car, doesn't matter the make), do you have one insurance company for the Motorhome and another for the car?  Thanks.

I've always thought that would be a good idea, but have never actually done it.  I asked the woman at Miller Insurance about it and she said it wasn't necessary.

I still think it would be a good idea, but every time I've gotten a quote for both moho and toad (for fulltiming), it's been a LOT more than insuring them separately.

And by the way, if you're fulltiming and talking to Geico, make sure there's personal liability coverage on your RV insurance (like what you get with homeowner's insurance).  They say they do fulltimer insurance, but my quote didn't have that, and they don't offer it (in Texas, and I think some other states).  So I said it wasn't actually fulltimer insurance, and the agent said it was fulltimer because it's insured for use 365 days a year.  It's not the same.

Archived