Fun2travel

Get plate for RV in the mail?

We have our domicile in Florida through Escapees. My question is, can I buy a trailer on the west coast, and get the plate through the mail?

I'm thinking of picking up a small used RV and leaving our 40' fifth wheel parked while we go to AK for a few months.  We will be on the west coast another year or two with no plans to drive to Florida just to get a plate. 

Anyone have experience doing this?

We did it when we bought the motorhome in my signature in Arizona during our winter visit, licensed it in Washington State, and received the plates in the mail when we were in Henderson, NV.

Call the DMV in Florida and find out what they'll need in order to send you plates on a new vehicle.

Edited by LindaH

We did it when we bought an RV in California, registered it in South Dakota, and got the plates in Arizona. Our mail service registered the motorhome for us so having them send us the plates was just part of our mail forwarding.

Linda Sand

Bought my current motorhome while wintering in AZ. I used the Escapees mail forwarding address in So Dakota to register the vehicle. I sent Pennington County a money order for the sales tax and registration and they mailed a plate to the Escapees So Dakota address, which then was forwarded to the TX sorting address in Livingston. Livingston called me to notify me that the plates had arrived and ask what address I was at so they could forward the plates to me. Easy piesy.