Get plate for RV in the mail?

Fun2travel

We have our domicile in Florida through Escapees. My question is, can I buy a trailer on the west coast, and get the plate through the mail?

I'm thinking of picking up a small used RV and leaving our 40' fifth wheel parked while we go to AK for a few months.  We will be on the west coast another year or two with no plans to drive to Florida just to get a plate. 

Anyone have experience doing this?

We did it when we bought the motorhome in my signature in Arizona during our winter visit, licensed it in Washington State, and received the plates in the mail when we were in Henderson, NV.

Call the DMV in Florida and find out what they'll need in order to send you plates on a new vehicle.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

We did it when we bought an RV in California, registered it in South Dakota, and got the plates in Arizona. Our mail service registered the motorhome for us so having them send us the plates was just part of our mail forwarding.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Since we have been on the road, every vehicle we have purchased including the original truck and fifth-wheel and the bounder were registered in South Dakota using our mail service, My Home Address.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Bought my current motorhome while wintering in AZ. I used the Escapees mail forwarding address in So Dakota to register the vehicle. I sent Pennington County a money order for the sales tax and registration and they mailed a plate to the Escapees So Dakota address, which then was forwarded to the TX sorting address in Livingston. Livingston called me to notify me that the plates had arrived and ask what address I was at so they could forward the plates to me. Easy piesy. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Archived