Propane Tank Covers

Having just added a cargo tray to out TT above the A-frame and propane tanks, I need to replace the plastic shell style cover with a vinyl/fabric one.  I'm wondering about durability of these - nothing in the literature of the several brands I've looked at stating they cannot be used while trailering?  Anyone using this style?  Thanks

If the vinyl is a good quality vinyl it will hold up My wife made tire skirts out of a good grade of vinyl from Joanne's. They are covering the tires about 99% of the time. One side is going on 6 years, the other side she just sewed up a new on because some idiot that is typing this got some battery acid on it. If the fabric is like the tire covers available at most RV joints al bets are off. Years ago on our Prowler travel trailer, we had fiberglass cover that was really good looking and lasted until the trailer went to the boneyard. Haven't seen them for years.   

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:56 PM, J-T said:

Panel fasteners, Snap fasteners or U Clips may hold the 2 halves of the original cover together.

Funny you mention this.  My neighbor and I were looking at this yesterday and that's what we think may work.  I'm going to drill out the rivets on the plastic unit (one side first) and see if it will allow me to slide on from the side.  If not, drill out the other side and see if that works.  Will report back on success (positive thinking) :lol:.

• 2 weeks later...

The modification of the hard plastic cover works great. It required drilling out the rivets so that it can be installed and removed in halves.  The cargo tray support stand made the forward half a bit cumbersome (interference at top), so a slot was added to resolve this.  Also cut out a sight hole on the back half to see and adjust the regulator.

IMG_7876 (2).JPG

Archived