Today is Windows update day.

RV_

Excerpt:

"

Microsoft fixes 'critical' security bugs affecting all versions of Windows

Microsoft patched 48 separate vulnerabilities — the majority of which were the highest "critical" rating.

Microsoft has patched two security vulnerabilities affecting all supported versions of Windows.

The software giant said Tuesday that an attacker could remotely exploit a "critical"-rated remote code execution vulnerability in how Windows Search handles objects in memory, allowing a full takeover of an affected computer.

An attacker could then install programs; view, change, or delete data; or create new accounts with full user rights, said the company in an advisory. The attacker would have to send a specially crafted message to the Windows Search service. An attacker could then elevate privileges and "take control of the computer," the advisory said."

More in the article: http://www.zdnet.com/article/critical-security-bugs-affect-all-windows-versions/?loc=newsletter_large_thumb_related&ftag=TREc64629f&bhid=19724681974700635514865380622813

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Maybe in a month or so we'll be in an RV park with wifi, so we can download this update.  Otherwise, the bandwidth for these updates uses up our entire monthly allotment.  And it takes too long to update to do it when sitting in the entryway at Walmart.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

I updated 2 desktops & 1 laptop yesterday.
Doing that and all my regular Internet use. My Mobley hotspot showed I used 3GB yesterday.

Full Time since Oct. 1999
99 Discovery 34Q DP | ISB
Datastorm | VMSpc | Co-Pilot Live | Pressure Pro
2014 MKS Twin Turbo V6 365 HP Toad
369070033.jpg

Archived