Wingard Traveler Set up

Alrighty, We now have a Wingard Traveler set up for Dish Network In our DRV

I have a Walley box on order that will be here later this week.

I have a VIP211k receiver that I used for our old portable Tailgater.

Will the 211 work with the Wingard for 1 TV until I receive the Wally?  And how do I wire it?  

RV is from LazyDays Tampa Fl, they installed the roof top sat.

I have 3 cables- Roof 1, Roof 2, O/S Sat 1

I also have 3-RCA jacks that I assume are the receiver box outputs that are already plugged into a distribution box. 

Any idea what cable I plug into the receiver? 

Next question is the Stereo receiver gets set on SAT/Cable

Any idea what the TV input is?  This is wired from DRV so most of the systems should be the same from one DRV to another.  

Little to no instruction was given on setting this up in Fl.....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

The 211 will work with the set up, as will the Wally.  I have three Wally's in my DRV (I added a basement TV).  I used an existing 211K and 211Z I had untill the Wally's arrived.  As farr as mounting the Wally's, I used some velcor and mounted right on top of the BD player in the cabinet.  I did the same for the Wally in the bedroom.

I had my Coax cabling done a little differently than standard at my request from the factory, so my experience with the standard DRV coax wiring is different.  My understanding of the standard wiring is Roof 1 and Roof 2 come from the Traveler and O/S Sat 1 comes from the connection/input in the compartment where your jack controls are so you can hook up a portable dish.  

The RCA connections allow you to distribute your SAT receiver broadcast from the main connection center to the other TV locations in the coach (if your SAT receiver has RCA outputs).  I am not using any of the RCA connections in my rig because I have SAT receivers at each TV location.

Your receiver should work with either SAT 1 or SAT 2 connected to it, but I would start with SAT 1.

The stereo receiver should be on SAT/Cable to get TV signal out.

The TV should be on HDMI input 1, but it really comes down to which input the HDMI cable actually got plugged into by whoever installed the TV.  If HDMI 1 doesn't give you a picture, then try the next one until you get a picture.

My system is slightly different than stock because of my special request for my Coax cable routing, but everything else is standard.  I am happy with the system so far, but I am not full time and haven't really played with it to figure out it's full capabilities.  I want to play with all the settings because it is what I do with electronics, but it is lower down on my priority list and just hasn't gotten done yet.  I do think I am missing the center channel speaker in my set up though.  I'm not sure if the factory does this intentionally or just missed it on my trailer.  I haven't called to find out (but now that I am typing this out I have reminded myself to find out).

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Chad, why did you change to the Wally's? What was wrong with the 211's?

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

1 hour ago, Big5er said:

Chad, why did you change to the Wally's? What was wrong with the 211's?

There wasn't anything wrong with the 211's.  I changed mainly because the Wally's come with RF remotes instead of IR.  It made my installations much easier and I didn't have to worry about making sure the box was in line of sight of the remote (in other words, I could leave the cabinet doors closed inside and mount the box behind the TV on the folding mount outside).  A secondary reason was the consistency in menus and operation between the Wally's and the Hopper system I have at my house.  My DW has a hard enough time figuring out electronics so the fewer different systems she has to learn, the better.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

Thanks Chad, the wiring you described is what I thought it should be, but we're not getting any input on the TV.  The only signal I can receive is OTA signals.  Time to get the mirrors out and peek behind the tv to see what they plugged into what.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Also, make sure your SAT box got plugged into the correct input on the receiver.  That one is even harder to see than the back of the TV.

event.png    

Good thing I has Toolz and ain't afraid to uze deem...  

I was hoping for the easy fix of "Just tune to this channel or input".....   So far this is the only big aggravation we have.  Couple small issues, but we expected some issues.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

It works with my RV, 2015 Wildcat 327 ck, I also have a Wally and I have yet to get it to work with the second TV. I spent 1 hour and 58 minutes with Dish TV Advanced Tech Support and it will not pick up the SAT that it needs to download the software. SAT 62.5 I am told?

2 hours ago, whj469 said:

It works with my RV, 2015 Wildcat 327 ck, I also have a Wally and I have yet to get it to work with the second TV. I spent 1 hour and 58 minutes with Dish TV Advanced Tech Support and it will not pick up the SAT that it needs to download the software. SAT 62.5 I am told?

If you're using the Wally with a Trav'ler, it'll only "see" the Dish western arc satellites at 110, 119, 129. At least one of those should let you download the software updates.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Actually you can manually aim a Trav'ler to 61.5 but there is no reason to do that.

What do you mean by "It works with my RV, 2015 Wildcat 327 ck, I also have a Wally and I have yet to get it to work with the second TV"?

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Good to hear everything is now working.  I have some investigating to do on my system.  I finally played around with my receiver a little other than just turning the TV on and watching something.  I discovered my center channel speaker isn't working.  It took some hunting to find it.  The speaker is installed in the wall behind my TV.  My TV is on a lift and goes down into the cabinet behind my fireplace, which means the speaker is really buried back there and not accessible.  I'm hoping the connection issue is on the receiver side and not on the speaker side, but I haven't had time to pull anything out and look yet.  Everything else works great.  I'm hoping it is just a loose or disconnected wire at the back of the receiver.  We'll see when I get some time to dig into it.

event.png    

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:54 PM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Well, the good news is that we have Sat Tv!!!!!  Bad news is DRV and Lazy Days don't know crap about wiring electronics....

So what was the solution?  Might help other people in the same situation.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

I pulled the Sony AV system out,  unmounted the TV from the wall, and ran my own cables to get the picture and sound.  Then I traced the factory installed cables and wiring and labeled them.  I then unplugged my cables and plugged the factory cables into the right ports.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived