Kirk Wood

Escapees offers club members healthcare options!

6 posts in this topic

Escapees RV Club has partnered with Independent Truckers Group (ITG) to bring members a refreshing alternative to traditional medical insurance. This partnership combines products and services with exclusive insurance programs carefully negotiated for members. The cornerstone of this program is WellMEC, a plan that meets the minimum essential coverage requirements of the Affordable Care Act. As such, policy holders are exempted from the ACA-mandated penalty. Underwriting requires little or no health information resulting in Guaranteed Issue or Modified Guaranteed Issue on all group products.

If you are a member of the Escapees RV Club it may be for you.

Escapees Healthcare Solutions

Edited by Kirk Wood

Hi Kirk, 

Dont want to open a can of worms. Im,a pre medicare fulltimer, using ACA since 2014.

Help me understand the indemnity plan versus aca. Ive got 2 more yrs before medicare,am domiciled in Tx,but workamp all over. Thank you.

Welcome to the Escapee forums! We are happy to have you join us, but I'm afraid that I am not an insurance expert. There are people with the answers available to all Escapee Members so consider contacting one of the below sources.

Here are our various contact phone numbers and emails:

ALL Health Insurance Inquiries: Email Portia Lavigne or call her at (407) 687-1550 or email Greg Schoenberg or call him at (503) 358-6228 

ALL Medicare Insurance Inquiries: email Kyle Henson or call him at (302) 943-0318

Auto/RV Insurance Inquiries: 1-844-536-4527 

Escapees RV Club: (936) 327-8873 or Join Now!

Our mailing address is:

RVer Insurance Exchange, 156 Rainbow Drive 5667, Livingston, TX 77399

There's some discussion of this on the Escapees' FB page.

This is basically a supplement to help with routine preventative exams along with an indemnity plan that can help with up to $10,000 for serious illness care (depending on which option you chose and what the illness is).

You will need something else to cover major medical and catastrophic care, especially as someone pre-Medicare age like us.  This new offering in no way replaces health insurance.

Edited by mkc

A year or two ago, I contacted Portia Lavigne about the health insurance she was selling.  It was a complicated scheme that required that you had no pre-existing conditions, and if you developed a condition while insured, you would be dropped and shunted off to Obamacare, where there weren't any pre-existing conditions exclusions.

That bothered my conscience, so I didn't explore it further.  I don't know what the current offering is, but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.