Posting Count Changed

For some reason the number of posts for my account has changed.  It now shows a little over 300.  It used to read in the vicinity of 1500, which is accurate.  All other things in my profile remain the same.

Not a really big deal but it is fun to see the number.

Any ideas???

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

Not sure what I am at now but I went from 1000+ down to 50 or so. As you say, doesn't really matter but ...

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

8 hours ago, theeyres said:

Not sure what I am at now but I went from 1000+ down to 50 or so. As you say, doesn't really matter but ...

When I spoke with management, I questioned the need to have a count. It can become competitive to see who has the most. As one of the earlier members of the forums, my previous count was high enough that on two occasions I got PM's to give less than flattering comments about my high numbers. I am pleased that mine is much lower today and would reset it to 0 if I knew how.  :rolleyes:

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The post count does have some effect  .

A new forum member logs in and asks a question . If they see that that question has been answered by someone that has a high post count , they are more likely to accept that answer as valid .

If we 'veteran' forum members see a post count of one and the 'new' member makes claims , we are at least cautious .  And , I'd bet that Kirk might even welcome them to the forum . ;) 

Goes around , comes around .

8 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

If we 'veteran' forum members see a post count of one and the 'new' member makes claims , we are at least cautious .

That is a good point and you are right that I do look for those post #1 situations. A forum that I used to be a regular on had a display that showed the date of joining the forums and that could do some of the same, without the temptation to just run up your count. I remember way back when I first joined, I used to look at the post counts of people like Stanley Miller, who was there before I was with some degree of envy. 

Having been a part of these forums for about 20 years, my post count was embarrassing as it also hinted at my number of birthdays! :wub: I like my current count much better. 

Another change that I'd like to see is some type of validation of the person's claimed SKP number. As it is, from time to time people join and use a fictitious number, sometimes one that is obvious from how small it is and there are also several who list what may have once been a valid SKP number but which has expired and not been renewed. 

5 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

Another change that I'd like to see is some type of validation of the person's claimed SKP number. As it is, from time to time people join and use a fictitious number, sometimes one that is obvious from how small it is and there are also several who list what may have once been a valid SKP number but which has expired and not been renewed. 

Woops, you caught me on this. I have let my membership expire as I don't make use of any Escapee services anymore but this forum. I hadn't even thought about the number still being on my posts. It's gone now!

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

10 hours ago, theeyres said:

I hadn't even thought about the number still being on my posts. It's gone now!

If it were up to me, the number would be fine but just add an indication if it is current or not. Nothing wrong with showing that you were once a member. Since it is a member website with some things only available to current members and that could help since links to the member only section only work if you are still active and sometimes the needed information is in that section. 

Archived