IT'S A MIRACLE! AC on one EU2000i

5 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

I think that he was talking about Micro-air. :D

True that. :lol:

I stand corrected and owe a barley pop.

I don't  know that it really required a "tech" though. It appears to have a little additional wiring for the start cap, but if one is handy enough to intall a "premade" it appear to be much of a leap.

Having no experience with this company or with their product I could very well be wrong, though. I HAVE been wrong before. ;)

Ok - being electrically globally delayed I got lost here - so I has a question:  A MicroAir Easy Start as featured in the video Chad linked will allow my trailer's Dometic "13,500 btu" air conditioning function to be operated by my Honda 2000 inverter generator when plugged in normally without a bonding jumper ? 

that might have been 2 questions...

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Out of all the forum boards I research on I think the Airstream probably has the most info about the easy start. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f37/easystart-install-in-one-image-165115.html There are more threads specific to the start kit.

Cost a couple of dollars but appears to really drop the draw on the batteries.

2016 F350 DRW Supercab XLT 4x4 6.7 3:73LS 
2010 Carriage Cameo 34CK3   1,280 watt solar

4 hours ago, noteven said:

Ok - being electrically globally delayed I got lost here - so I has a question:  A MicroAir Easy Start as featured in the video Chad linked will allow my trailer's Dometic "13,500 btu" air conditioning function to be operated by my Honda 2000 inverter generator when plugged in normally without a bonding jumper ? 

from what I have read you would be good to go.  The bonding issue is related to using the generator with a progressive dynamics unit.

but to add confusion I see that there is a unit called the SureStart that seems to be nearly identical http://www.gen-pro.biz/. a tiny bit cheaper for the complete unit.

2000 National RV Sea Breeze 5th wheel 30ft.

So.California

1950 F1 street rod

1949 F1 stock V8 flathead

1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed shortened frame.

1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame

1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, king coil-overs,etc

1970 Baha Bug wihg 2332cc, King coil overs and everything else there is.

1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins, turbo, trans, injectors, lockers, bigger turbo,edge EZ upgrades for towing 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

5 hours ago, noteven said:

Yes, the Micro Air Easy Start will allow you to run your air conditioner with your Honda EU2000i generator.

The Micro Air Easy Start has nothing to do with the bonding jumper for the generator.  The bonding jumper is only required when you have a surge guard or progressive dynamics EMS unit in use.  If you are not using a product from one of these two companies (or one from one of the new companies carrying this type of product) to protect the electrical system in your RV, then there is no need for the bonding jumper plug on your generator. 

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

1 hour ago, Ed ke6bnl said:

but to add confusion I see that there is a unit called the SureStart that seems to be nearly identical http://www.gen-pro.biz/. a tiny bit cheaper for the complete unit.

That looks to be a direct competitor to the Micro Air Easy Start.  I have not seen any reviews of this particular product on any of the RV message boards though.  There may be some, I just have not seen them.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

On 8/14/2017 at 5:45 PM, Kirk Wood said:

I have been looking at the 366 board too, but it does require some additional parts and I would want some type of cover for it 

Other than the capcitor and wiring I don't see where any other components are required, yet. I don't know if the 364 wire harness has connectors pre-installed (I would hope not since it looks like it comes with a pretty lengthy pigtail I would likely want to cut down), but I see they also sell their "installation kit" that appears to contain much of what would be needed. Just your average nickel n' dime stuff. Makes me wonder why they wouldn't just include it with the full unit.

OR... I wonder if that install kit is what they intend the board installers to use (?).

I was thinking of just throwing it in a "standard" project box (the manual gives some guidance on box types). For a board that size a box should run well under $10. If you put the capcitor in there with it.... "that" would require a larger box with a lot of dead space. I would just keep my existing start cap where it is (in with the run cap) and leave the control board box to be mounted somewhere protected.. and preferrably... the least amount of run vibration/heat/moisture.

I think it would take a little "thinkin" time to work it out.. board mount dampners, jimmy a weather seal, maybe some wire harness clamps to maintain lift off mounting surfaces, etc. Seems like pretty generic stuff though that most DIY sparkheads would have rolling around in their kit boxes anyway.

Maybe I'll give them a call and be the guinea pig. It never hurts my feelings to save a little money, but it isn't my priority. From having pulled the hat off my low profile A/C before... I don't really recall exactly where I might be able to find space that would hold a case of that size and not compromise the innards (or BE compromised).

I see a photo of a guy that had mounted his to the roof just outside of the shroud and run his harness through a cut-out. I'm not terribly excited about that idea. I wouldn't want to make any permanent alterations to the the shroud if it is at all avoidable.

The board only installation manual is here

let us know what you come up with, I would go with the board add a box and mount the Cap outside the box. the rest is just wire and connectors from what I see. a lot saved for a little work and they are kind enough to give the mounting dimensions. Then I see this as affordable. 

2000 National RV Sea Breeze 5th wheel 30ft.

So.California

1950 F1 street rod

1949 F1 stock V8 flathead

1948 F6 350 chevy/rest stock, no dump bed shortened frame.

1953 chevy 3100 AD for 85 S10 frame

1968 Baha Bug with 2.2 ecotec motor 170 hp, king coil-overs,etc

1970 Baha Bug wihg 2332cc, King coil overs and everything else there is.

1998.5 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins, turbo, trans, injectors, lockers, bigger turbo,edge EZ upgrades for towing 35" BFG's, air dog lift pump etc.

Archived