Where to buy shock absorbers for 1992 Damon?

pethier

I have taken the creeper tour of my new-to-me 1992 Damon Challenger turbodiesel pusher.  I should have no trouble changing the shock absorbers myself because there is plenty of room to use magnum-force tools to break the bolts if needed.  Yeah, I know about rusted bushings from my car experience.  The huge amount of room here should make this easy by comparison.

This 34-foot class A has rigid axles with massive leaf springs.  I understand the limitations of this simple design and willing to accept even more jolts on bump.  I want to dampen the occasional wallowing which spooks me a bit and may cause riders to get carsick.

Where to buy?

pethier, interested in toyhaulers for 13-foot car

• 2 weeks later...

Took some research, but I finally came up with the correct Monroe numbers for the motorhome and have installed new Monroe gas shocks all around.  Ordered them from O'Reilly who had them right here in town and had them at my local store the next day.  Have not road-tested yet due to other projects keeping the unit in my driveway.

pethier, interested in toyhaulers for 13-foot car

I hadn't noticed the lack of response you had received or might have been able to help. Sorry to be so late to the party. Might have gotten some help if we had known what chassis you have. Good news that you found them. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived