BigTexRex

RV Lots The Original SKP Ranch

5 hours ago, ToddF said:

Still planning to come for a visit. Am working (CG Host) with a gal who lives in Truth or Consequences NM, up here (MN) for the summer visiting her Mom. We've been discussing the ranch! Looking forward to a visit if not this Fall, next year for sure. Glad to hear sales are picking up, that bodes well for the ranch.

If you get here, make sure you drop by our lot, #5.

2 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

I just looked through the available sites there and to me, it looks like there are some good bargains to be had. 

There are some good deals. The lower priced lots have no or very little improvements, while there is one lot going up for sale, because the owners are quitting the RV lifestyle, that has a large casita and will be priced over 20K.

1 hour ago, SnowGypsy said:

I wonder what months of the year are most livable at The Ranch.  At some point,  settling in for most of the time with very short trips out, the weather would be important.  It doesn't appear to get as hot in the summer as the Tucson area, but it does seem to get colder in the winter.  How doable would almost year round be for when I'm like 102 and not up to traveling that much?  I am aware that these days the weather anywhere can be all over the place.   Trying to look at the long term is extremely challenging, like a real hard math problem with a "variable" that can't be determined.  

Cathy, this area is livable all year. It does get hot in the summer, but it has that famous "dry" heat and while it does freeze, most winters are very mild, but I have heard some of the old-timers talk about that "one" winter that had snow and temperatures in the teens for several days. If that ever happens again, I hope I'm not here but lounging South Texas.

3 hours ago, BigTexRex said:

The lower priced lots have no or very little improvements,

If one makes the effort, there are pictures of all of the lots. Even though there was an RV on each when the picture was taken, it still gives a pretty good idea of what is there. 

BIGTEXREX:  Thank you for the info that you have provided.  I met someone last week from the Carlsbad area which renewed my interest.  

On 9/1/2018 at 3:06 PM, BigTexRex said:

If you get here, make sure you drop by our lot, #5.

Will do. Thanks for keeping the lights on for us.

Will be stopping in around Nov 25 for 4-5 nights. Doing a SW tour after a convention in Nashville...heading to the RGV, San Antonio, New Mexico and AZ before returning to MN for tax season. Looking forward to shortening up our winter a bit. 🤗

On 9/21/2018 at 8:40 AM, ToddF said:

Will be stopping in around Nov 25 for 4-5 nights. Doing a SW tour after a convention in Nashville...heading to the RGV, San Antonio, New Mexico and AZ before returning to MN for tax season. Looking forward to shortening up our winter a bit. 🤗

You'll be getting here when most of the leaseholders have returned and the park will be quite full.  Call just before you arrive to make sure there's a spot for you. If not, the boondock area is available or KOA is three miles down the road. Our semi-annual meeting is on 7 November...that's when some new board of directors are elected and voting by the membership happens for any changes or big expenditures. Safe travels.

Thanks for the "heads up". Boondock area will work fine. Looking forward to checking out the ranch.

On 9/22/2018 at 5:56 PM, ToddF said:

Thanks for the "heads up". Boondock area will work fine. Looking forward to checking out the ranch.

Also, Todd, DON'T, what every you do, take 285 from Pecos, TX to Carlsbad, NM. The road is EXTREMELY rough and just about takes an off road vehicle to navigate it. 

I was planning on doing exactly that. You saved me! I'll have to postpone my visit to a time when I have the time and inclination to drive another route. I prefer to stay on I-10 from TX to AZ. Heading up to Mesa from RGV.

33 minutes ago, ToddF said:

I was planning on doing exactly that. You saved me! I'll have to postpone my visit to a time when I have the time and inclination to drive another route. I prefer to stay on I-10 from TX to AZ. Heading up to Mesa from RGV.

There are several other roads from I-20 that will connect to US HWY 180/62 into Carlsbad, NM. It's a little longer, but we usually travel through Odessa to Seminole to Carlsbad. Ft Stockton to Pecos is even worse.

Edited by BigTexRex