Yet another noob

Allentc2

2 hours ago, Allentc2 said:

But man, I'd be scared to take that thing on anything not regularly maintained!!

That is the case for most of the modern RV's. We took our pop-up trailers many places that we would never have gone with our more self-contained RV's. I think that each time we moved up in size/price, the distance from paved roads decreased. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I wonder if they make lift kits for Newmars. :D

Seriously though....tough choice. I was kinda hoping after this weekend to be able to focus on one approach or the other. I think I'm just going to have to keep an eye on developments, keep learning, maybe rent one some day for a week. It's too early in my "plan" to commit one way or the other. 

The Newmar offers plenty of room for me (or me and someone else), plenty of comfort, the convenience of getting everything in one package, the ability to be used w/o putting the slides out.....but it lacks the ability to get me where I would like to be. Not that I'm anti-social or anything....just not a fan of crowds or the 'neighborhood' feel I get from these pics of RV parks and campgrounds. 

Decisions, decisions. LOL

Archived