Thetford Aria Classic Cable Broke

The cable for my Thetford Aria Classic broke.  The Thetford part number is 19835.  Any suggestions on a good source for a new one?  Anyone ever replaced theirs?  How big of a hassle was it?

Thanks  --  Kevin

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

From my 7 years experience with that model Thetford order 2 cable sets, one for a spare.  Be sure to get the correct cable set, there is a short and tall Aria Classic.  If you are still under warranty call Thetford for a replacement.  When you replace one cable replace the other one too.  Also order a spare water valve and pedal assembly from my experience.  Full timing this is not a reliable toilet and it's quite expensive.  I replaced ours with a Dometic 320 3 years ago and have had no problems with it, wish I'd have done it sooner!  Enjoy pulling it out to fix it, it's heavy.  Get use to fixing it.     Greg

PS.....friends with the same Thetford toilet had the same troubles we had.

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

5 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

Sounds like the OP would be ahead of the game if they simply replaced the toilet now , instead of trying to fix it .

Thanks for the info folks.  I have had only two RVs in my 10 years of full-time.  I put this model toilet in each.  First one had no issues for 6 years till we traded for the current one 4 years ago.  One of the first things I did was install the same model toilet in this one.  Four years and this is the first issue.  I am very happy with them.  Sorry others have not had the same luck.  Having said that, I may be back next week boo-hooing over another issue.  Ya never know!!!

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

Kevin, perhaps my RV friend and I just had bad luck with ours.  Good to hear that you have had a good experience with your two and I hope it continues.  When I installed the Dometic 320 it was Sealand and Dometic has bought them out so I hope any recommendation holds good for Dometic now.       Greg

PS.....loved you pun above!

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350

• 3 months later...

We have a McKenzie Dune Chaser. We are replacing all the old flooring with new and want to install a new toilet at the same time as we're getting ready to go full-time. :rolleyes: We're considering the Dometic 320. It weighs 37lbs. The current Thetford weighs 10lbs. Will the new Dometic weigh too much? Thank you for any information.

10 pounds??  That sound too light.  Anyway, go with the 320, we replaced our troublesome Thedford Aria Classic 4 years ago,  it's been working (full time) flawlessly.     Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350

Archived