My USPS Informed Delivery

Yarome

On 7/11/2017 at 11:34 AM, Dutch_12078 said:

They already exclude commercial addresses, so that may continue to be a hindrance for full-time forwarder users.

My address is through the My RV Mail forwarding service.  A few months ago I had gotten a notice from USPS that my zip code was eligible for the Informed Delivery service, but since then, every time I've tried to sign up, I get a message that says my address is not eligible for the the service.  I assume it is because my street address is the same as the mail forwarding service, which is a business.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

18 minutes ago, chindog said:

My address is through the My RV Mail forwarding service.  A few months ago I had gotten a notice from USPS that my zip code was eligible for the Informed Delivery service, but since then, every time I've tried to sign up, I get a message that says my address is not eligible for the the service.  I assume it is because my street address is the same as the mail forwarding service, which is a business.

Yes, I expect that's the problem, and it's probably the case with all of the commercial forwarders.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

It is fairly useless other than to tell you if you have mail that day. Most of us do not get much mail I just wonder why the USPS feels the need to scan all mail each day? I am sure it is filed away in some giant database someplace for some reason that I don't fathom.

The automatic sorting system scans each piece of mail for the optical character recognition system that "reads" the address and sends the info to a print head that puts the bar code on the envelope front near the bottom. So the scans were already in the system, the only thing they added was the ability to email the scans to us. I doubt that the scans are retained for an extended period of time. With about 200 million pieces of first class mail processed daily, the storage needed for the scans would be huge.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

6 hours ago, SWharton said:

I am sure it is filed away in some giant database someplace for some reason that I don't fathom.

What leads you to think this? The readers have been in use for several years now. I highly doubt that it is stored. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived