I Was Addicted to the Hokey Pokey

VegasFlyer

46 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

We need to revive that Road Food thread..........

Charlie's in Omaha, AR has good breakfasts.

I was just thinking about that.  I will search for that when I get home.  Good idea Rickeroo!

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

Aw-rite, if we're gonna start listing best ever restaurants, then the rule has to be "No Chains", Mom & Pop joints only (well, maybe Aunts & Uncles too.) AND...In keeping with the theme of the forum, there must be sufficient room to turn one of these beasts around and park. Access to whatever fuel island exists (If Any) is NOT a consideration!!!

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

6 hours ago, adept99 said:

Aw-rite, if we're gonna start listing best ever restaurants, then the rule has to be "No Chains", Mom & Pop joints only (well, maybe Aunts & Uncles too.) AND...In keeping with the theme of the forum, there must be sufficient room to turn one of these beasts around and park. Access to whatever fuel island exists (If Any) is NOT a consideration!!!

I'm trying to get the DW to see the HDT as just a little bigger than our dually and you go ahead and call it a "beast".  Not what I want her to be reading.  Baaad Paulie.

2012 F350 KR CC DRW w/ some stuff
2019 Arctic Fox 32-5M
Cindy and Tom, Kasey and Maggie (our Newfie and Berner)
Oh...I forgot the five kids.

1 hour ago, spindrift said:

I'm trying to get the DW to see the HDT as just a little bigger than our dually and you go ahead and call it a "beast".  Not what I want her to be reading.  Baaad Paulie.

Hey, he woke up.  Food brings him out of hiding........

Does it count if a member lets you park your rig at their place, then hauls you to the restaurant in question? We have a new little place bye us, worthy of a visit.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Hey, he woke up.  Food brings him out of hiding........

Does it count if a member lets you park your rig at their place, then hauls you to the restaurant in question? We have a new little place bye us, worthy of a visit.

Does it have parking for the machines 2 wheeled?

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Lucio's in Franklin, NC. A full on restaurant and you would never guess you could find fantastic food and service with normal prices. 

http://luciosnc.com/

We were only there once. I remember that the restaurant adjoins a gas station. We almost drove by the place even after our host nearby raved about it. Parking is adequate for HDT or motorcycles but I wasn't thinking about an HDT at that time so I did not check for space. 

Edited by Sculptor

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

• 2 years later...

Did a search for "road food" and "Resurected Diners......" to no avail.

So, here's another gem.  Drum roll please......   Amigos Cafe in Kayenta, AZ.  Great food, good prices, and easy parking for a 70' rig.  We've been there twice in the past couple weeks.

And what's happened to Vegas Flyer and Vegas Teacher?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Dinky Dinner right at the 20 MPH 90 degree corner in the center of Goldfield Nevada....... Best cafe in Goldfield....(0nly cafe in Goldfield).

Not too cheep but heck the food is ok and it's only 150 miles to get a food to cook so it's a bargain at any price.

Used to be a old Piper Tripacer at the corner that had a sign. "NOT FOR SALE"

Still best food in Goldfield.... (Only food in Goldfield).

Drive on.......( Don't take the corner in Goldfield too fast..... )

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S