Electric Toilet Issues

I have a Dometic Sealand Electric Toilet that will not hold water in the bowl.  I have done most everything I know of to stop this.  I have cleaned the slide area out, I have applied Vaseline multiple times with the same problem coming back.  I talked with a couple different service people and they will not do a repair of the toilet.  They claim it just keeps coming back on them when the problem comes back.  They recommend replacing.  I do know someone with an Aqua toilet and he claims to have the same problem.  This toilet is 9 years old.  Just don't like having to pay over $500 for a new toilet.  I know that I could install a manual version, but I do like having the electric one.

Does anyone having a suggestion or possible remedy or maybe where you can buy for less than $500?

2008 Tiffin

Allegro Bus 43 QRP
2006 Honda CR-V

We had a similar problem and tried similar treatments . 

Applied a very healthy dose of Lime-A-Way bowl cleaner and let it sit long enough to do its work . No water loss since . 

Mineral deposits on the seal build up and create leakage . The bowl cleaner dissolves the buildup . and a good seal is restored .

Even if it does not help , you'd only be out a buck . I bought ours at Dollar Tree . 

Goes around , comes around .

Make it a habit to pour some vinegar in the bowel and let it sit EVERY WEEK if in areas with well water (aquifers versus lakes) resulting in increased calcium in the water.  Added plus, the acetate In the vinegar will help buffer the liquid in the black tank aiding in liquification.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Barbs suggestion is a good one, for all toilets. I find that LemiShine works faster, but does the same thing. Even though we have whole house RO the toilet still benefits from this treatment.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

We had a similar problem. I turned the water off. Emptied it. Then I sprayed a healthy does of silicon spray in to the bowl and let is sit. Worked fine. No more leaks. However the electric mech eventually failed. (Ever tried to open and close one on those things by hand?) So out with the old and in with a simple foot pedal job. Never another issue.

regards

• 2 weeks later...

We bit the bullet and decided to rebuild the toilet with new parts.  We did have a little issue getting the micro switch adjusted, but all seems to be working correctly now.  No more leakage.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  We did try them all before we did the rebuild, but did not have complete success with any of them.  Only time will tell if our efforts were worth while.

2008 Tiffin

Allegro Bus 43 QRP
2006 Honda CR-V

Archived