Introducing myself...oh, and HELP!!

Mystical Mama

1 hour ago, Mystical Mama said:

Thanks!  I will take all of the generator-related suggestions eventually but in the next 1-3 weeks, I will not have one.  So, I am looking for off grid, no generator ways to stay as cool as possible with no AC.

peace, MM and BnB

If the place has low humidity you can buy a spray bottle, set it to a fine mist, and spray your face every now and then. Evaporation helps cool. A wet cloth wrapped around your neck can also help. There are also neck wraps that have beads in them that cool you when wet but I can't remember what they are called right now. I also remove my socks/slippers and put my feet on the tile floor when I want to cool down. If you are going to be outside, light-weight loose-weave long-sleeve/leg clothing keeps sun off; I have a long sleeve shirt I wear when in a vehicle to keep from sunburning my arms. Slushy drinks last longer than iced ones. And, believe it or not, hot drinks can make you feel cooler than iced ones. Put your sheets in the fridge during the day to enable crawling into a cool bed at night. Use you window shades to keep sun out during the day but open windows at night if night time air cools. Do your shopping at the peak heat of the day in stores with A/C or go hang out at the library. There must be more things like this but that's what comes off the top of my head.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

12 minutes ago, sandsys said:

Do your shopping at the peak heat of the day in stores with A/C or go hang out at the library. There must be more things like this but that's what comes off the top of my head.

Linda Sand

And the puppies? 90 degrees and in an RV without electricity?

I wouldn't want to stay in my in RV without electricity and I certainly wouldn't let my dogs do it.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

49 minutes ago, Big5er said:

I wouldn't want to stay in my in RV without electricity and I certainly wouldn't let my dogs do it.

You are right. I forgot about the puppies. If your daily driver has A/C maybe go for a long drive each afternoon? Or go visit friends and family who welcome the puppies?

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

4 hours ago, Big5er said:

This is my challenge!  Today, with no power, the inside temperature rose to 104.  In the summer, I have to be plugged in or on a gennie.  The new issue is plugging into a home 15V and not tripping anything while we share electricity and I run my AC.  No doubt, i will not leave the puppies alone for more than an hour or so until I have everything understood.

A lot of the other suggestions were good and the truth is, my dogs are both Certified Therapy dogs and they can and do go to a variety of indoor places with me - cafes, the library, used book stores and even the large lumber/hardware store.

Peace, MM and BnB

Q - I have a 30 amp to 15 A converter (not 20) as I was told that 15A is typical household plug so what does a 20 A plug look like?

Here is a picture of the 15a outlet which is what is usually found at homes.

120-volt-duplex-outlet-0351.jpeg

The one on the left is 15a and the one to the right is 20a.

Q - What is the worst case if I drain my batteries before Friday (when i get to the RV Park)?

If the batteries are discharged below 10.5V(or somewhere in that area) your refrigerator will stop working. It must have 12V power in order to operate the controls, even when using propane.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived