Driver's License & Reg in Maine

Star Park

Hi all,

New member.  Nice to be here!  Here goes:

I'm in an abusive situation and want to take my pop-up to the state of Maine and live in a sparsely populated area away from prying eyes.  I have access to a piece of land where I should be able to do this in peace.

Here's the deal:

I want to also get a Driver's License in Maine, as well as register my vehicle.  Right now, I'm considering a UPS store mailbox with a real street address to use as my address for DL and Reg purposes. 

Has anyone tried this in Maine?  Would this prove difficult with the Maine DMV...or should I have little problem?

Thanks!

Welcome to the Escapee forums.

12 hours ago, Star Park said:

take my pop-up to the state of Maine and live in a sparsely populated area away from prying eyes.  I have access to a piece of land where I should be able to do this in peace.

Have you considered access to water, electricity, and sewer? We owned pop-up trailers for years in WY and even hunted from one in winter, but I do not believe it practical to live permanently in one, especially through a winter. Have you considered how you will keep warm with the long, severe winters of Maine? You do realize that the average annual snowfall in Maine ranges from 60" to 90", depending on what part of the state? 

12 hours ago, Star Park said:

I want to also get a Driver's License in Maine, as well as register my vehicle

For information about this, visit the website of the Maine Bureau of Motor Vehicles and carefully read the part about proof of residency. For requirements to register your vehicles use this link which gives most of the needed information. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived